Exhaust removal

Give the muffler joints a shot or 2 of WD40 or P B Blaster

After removing the clamps, twist the mufflers and pull , they should slide off pretty easy

Yep, P B Blaster or WD40...I've been using P B more lately, seems to work a bit better.

Remember to remove the two bolts in the hangers at the rear of the slip-ons. :)

A rubber mallet can help if they are too tight for the twist & pull.

Kevin

As suggested Lube,remove the rear bolts side to side movement up and down slide off. :trippy:

Make sure muffler clamps are loose enough too to slide off or just slide them to the header pipe. :trumpet:

I use baby shampoo and water to get them loose ... also ... if you use an exhaust pipe expander (1.75" like $3-4 at harbor freight) to expand the muffler inlet a little before installing (don't go deeper than the split), they will slide right on and even come off easier next time. They will seal fine after expanding.

If your issue is the hanger bolts, get a ratcheting box end ... the thinner the better .. I think they are 1/2"

I use baby shampoo and water to get them loose ... also ... if you use an exhaust pipe expander (1.75" like $3-4 at harbor freight) to expand the muffler inlet a little before installing (don't go deeper than the split), they will slide right on and even come off easier next time. They will seal fine after expanding.

If your issue is the hanger bolts, get a ratcheting box end ... the thinner the better .. I think they are 1/2"
The flex head ratchets I use the gear type not like the old 12 pt. the new sears spline type socket

Anyone know best way way to remove slip on mufflers?Also anyone put tank lifts on with stock handle bars and how high?2017 tri glide

Yes, I've installed the "tank lift" on my 2015 Triglide. Besides looking better, (you have more of a sense of sitting in the trike rather than on), it makes cleaning the front cylinder much easier to clean. I really can't comment on the "cooling" factor, but it makes sense that if exposed to more airflow, the cylinder will cool easier, which was primarily why I installed it. Regarding the fuel capacity loss, I suspect, due to the angle, I lost about a pint of fuel. In short, I think it's a great addition and would recommend doing it.

Anyone know best way way to remove slip on mufflers?Also anyone put tank lifts on with stock handle bars and how high?2017 tri glide
I did a two inch lift on our 09' with stock bars no problem DSC01216.JPGDSC01218.JPG

Then in the winter of 14 I Changed the bars to Khrome Werks 2+2 Wide Sweepers DSC01012.JPGDSC01020.JPGDSC01022.JPG

Great changes resolved my neck and back pain so much more comfortable than with OEM bars. :good:Travel safe Fred

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png