Could I Sell My Trike........

…….without letting someone that's just looking to take my trike for a test ride??

Would that hurt the sales if I just said NO?

I just don't want to deal with copying their drivers licenses or them giving me their first born,

as that ride off.

Your Opinion is important here.

Cheers!

The only 'correct' answer is: I don't know. But with that being said I've sold several motorcycles and never allowed a test drive. I did on one occasion take the prospective buyer for a test ride. Most folks (hopefully) are knowledgeable, know what they want and have checked it out and maybe done a test ride at a dealer of a similar model. So IMO the appearance of the vehicle, maintenance records, accessories and of course the price are the determinant factors.

…….without letting someone that's just looking to take my trike for a test ride??

Would that hurt the sales if I just said NO?

I just don't want to deal with copying their drivers licenses or them giving me their first born,

as that ride off.

Your Opinion is important here.

Cheers!

I haven't tried to sell any of my bikes or trikes myself [Off my driveway] in many years 10+?.....I got tired of dealing with some of the great unwashed bargain hunters ....

But if you want to deal with strangers....Take off the license plate and tell them they can't test ride it..:Shrug:...

I have always sold my bikes to friends. They know how I maintain them and how I ride. Never a problem. I have a friend who buys bikes and sells them. He is a great wrench and stand up guy. So this is what Scott does when he sells a bike. No test ride. Start it and let them listen to the mill and show them around the bike. If they want to buy it they fill out the paper work, sign everything and he tells them if there is something they do not like they have 15 minutes to bring it back, but after that the deal is sealed. Like I said I haven't sold to anyone but friends. So just sharing what my friend does. Scott has never had a problem.

I know two guys personally who had their bikes totaled on a test ride,so i would say no unless they have cash in hand and are willing to let you hold it during the ride.

I ride the fence on this one.

If it’s MY bike for sale....I don’t want anyone taking it for a test ride unless I know them.

If I’m buying the bike there is NO way I would buy it without a test ride...

That’s why I always end up going through a dealer and losing my tail on the deal....:gah:

If it’s MY bike for sale....I don’t want anyone taking it for a test ride unless I know them.

That’s why I always end up going through a dealer and losing my tail on the deal....:gah:

+1 ... I feel the same

+2 Been there, done that

I would say No Test drive if they ask, just tell them you're not sure your insurance will cover them. I've sold two bikes this way. Better safe than sorry.

Nope. Cash in hand rides. Or they can follow you on their bike or in their car as you put the trike through it's paces. I would offer a 5 minute ride with you following in your car or other trike or bike at below speed limit. If they go off and leave in the dust, good enough. Anything else happen it's theirs. But have it all in writing.

I've sold a few bikes, always let them test ride them. One was a friend of a friend. Two times, the guys wife stayed with their truck and me. Dont know if it would have been a good trade or not if they didn't come back. The wife looked good enough, but might have been high maintenance.... One was a couple guys came about 150 miles to checkout a sporty with Buell 1200 parts in it. I was at work and they took it on a really long test ride. Guys at work thought they werent coming back... But they left his newer bike with me, and he had found it in our ABATE paper. So I had his name and phone number too. If he didn't come back, I had his bike and I could have called his District coordinator to find out how to find him... I've never had any lowlife looking people come look before. I might think different if they didn't look trust worthy.

Also some dealers will sell your bike/trike on consignment for a small fee if you want to go that route.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png