Pro's & Con's of the Stallion

Apr 24, 2011
Ft Worth TX
:pepper:

I'm looking for any and all information about the stallion trikes. I've always had a problem with the wife wanting to ride with me because of my 30 years of not riding while in the military. She has a problem with getting thrown off at 50 mph on a two wheeler. (LOL)

I've only read a few of the post so far, but there seems to be a trend of electical issues. I'm not real mechanical when it comes to engines, so I'm looking for a quality ride so the wife and I can get back to the adventures of the road.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Kermit

:pepper:

I'm looking for any and all information about the stallion trikes. I've always had a problem with the wife wanting to ride with me because of my 30 years of not riding while in the military. She has a problem with getting thrown off at 50 mph on a two wheeler. (LOL)

I've only read a few of the post so far, but there seems to be a trend of electical issues. I'm not real mechanical when it comes to engines, so I'm looking for a quality ride so the wife and I can get back to the adventures of the road.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Kermit
Well Kermit: all I can say about the Stallion is come to Hannibal Mo in June or come to Maggie Valley N.C. in June and I will let you ride my 2009 Stallion and you and your wife can see for yourselves how much fun and how safe they are. Marietta & I love our Stallion and enjoy sharing this wonderful riding experience with others. Warranty wise TBMS & Jeff, Dianne, and Nick are really great with any issue you might have. Dealer wise contact: L & L Motorsports in Great Bend,Kansas the are superb. Also the will take Harley's in trade and are most fair on prices. Jeremy & his crew are really great and give meaning to the word EXCELLENT Customer service. Charlie D.:pepper::woohoo:

Kermit
Keep in mind that negative comments about Stallion are not allowed on this forumn. So you will only find the pro's here.

A former Stallion owner

Kermit,
I have always been a passenger on a 2-wheeler but wanted to be able to ride one myself. We visited the factory in Troup about 2 years before deciding to purchase a Stallion. Have had it about a year now and I LOVE it. We traded in our Victory Vision for it and haven't looked back. In Texas, your wife will have to get a motorcycle license. I found a place that let me take the course on a 125cc scooter with hand throttles and brakes but no gears.

My husband says I look like a teenager riding it. It's like a cross between a go-cart and a convertible. Plan a lot of time for stops --getting gas, Starbucks, etc. I have even had people follow me back to the house to look at it. Ditto to those who talk about the warranty support. A challenge is getting the Ford dealers to call TBMS as their pride gets in the way. Takes a lot of explaining to help them understand that it's not a Ford product with a Ford warranty. We lost an hour in the middle of New Mexico while the dealer tried to find engine warranty using his Ford database.

We're not do-it-yourselfers either and it hasn't been a problem. Take the leap and enjoy. P.S. the A/C helps at traffic lights in the hot weather but it doesn't make much of a difference at higher speeds. Having the floorboard helps with asphalt heat too.

Kermit
Keep in mind that negative comments about Stallion are not allowed on this forumn. So you will only find the pro's here.

A former Stallion owner

We use to have a lot more people discussing a bunch of Stallion issues. It may be posts like this one that has done more harm than good.

My wife has had her Stallion for a year and she love's it and I do too. I ride a H-D Roadglide and sometimes I have an errand to run and jump into it and take off. Gets lots of oohs and aahs and many people at gas stations and stops want to take pics. Gets lots of thumbs up driving. It is fun to drive, safe and we have had no problems. I would get one for my wife anytime. Any specific questions IM, please,

Lexi

I'm not likin' it.... might as well be a mustang convertible.

Sorry.... just sayin'

I think you are missing the whole point of the Stallion. Anyone can buy a car, but they would look stupid trying to ride around with a bunch of motorcycles. If you put the stallion side by side with the Mustang you will see just how silly it is to consider them the same. The Stallion is not for everyone, and apparently it is not for you! The only car that would be remotly close to the size and feel of a Stallion would be a Mini. If you ever had ridden a stallion, you would know the performance, accelleration, braking, and handling of the Stallion is like night and day compared to a Mustang.

If you don't like a stallioin, that is fine.... Stay on your Goldwing or harley. But if you are just going to dis the Stallion you may want to prepare yourself for a critical look at the shallowness of your commnets.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::pukeface:

Take a test ride, and get back to us!

Am getting a stallion and so where do you take them
to get serviced ?

Also are they sitting much lower than a regular
motorcycle so how is the visibility for trucks on
the highway ?

Thank you
Big0

Am getting a stallion and so where do you take them
to get serviced ?

Also are they sitting much lower than a regular
motorcycle so how is the visibility for trucks on
the highway ?

Thank you
Big0

Most Ford dealers will service them.

You are a little lower than say a wing trike, but you are much bigger, both size and weight, and width. If someone were going to smack into me, I would pick my wifes Stallion to be on rather then my wing trike.

That being said, like most factory bikes/trikes, I recommend adding some extra lights both to the front and rear, plus a front modulator.

OK call me stupid but what is a front modulator ?

Thank you for the information - need to get insurance
and not sure what category it fits in. No matter what
have my motorcycle endorsement so am covered.

Do you use Premium Gas and what about oil etc.

Can't believe my good luck to find one - And it's
also the Candy Apple Red. Love it.

Thank you for whatever important info you can
share. Will also do some internet scouting as well
so am a bit more prepared when i go to pick it up.

Big0

A Headlight Modulator makes you headlight flash during the daylight, by federal law it is legal on all motorcycles and trikes. The headlight does not totally go off jsut dims and brightens very fast.

Stallion uses regular gas, after first oil change I went to Mobile syntentic

For you insurance state farm wanted to know how many cc (2300). My wifes pays $592 year for full coverage.

Like you I was very interested in getting one. I test rode two, one from a dealer and another privately owned one...I was very impressed with them and have seen many good ideas on this forum to improve them to be even better.

But currently you are either going to have to buy a used one that someone has for sale (Mattel has/had one for sale...not sure of it's status) or go to the TMS site and find the list of dealers and start e-mailing them to find out if they have any "leftover" new ones left...I would bet that they are probably all sold out...but you never know.

Currenty I am awaiting word on what kind of deal that TMS was finally (or in the process of) making on what kind of engine was going to go in the new Stallions once production starts back up. I may not be ready for one right at this moment but I am going to follow the progress and hopefully in the future they will be starting back up production and once I get the "two wheel" bug out of me I will gladly consider going the Stallion route.

It's a great ride.

Good luck.

Dennis

I think you are missing the whole point of the Stallion. Anyone can buy a car, but they would look stupid trying to ride around with a bunch of motorcycles. If you put the stallion side by side with the Mustang you will see just how silly it is to consider them the same. The Stallion is not for everyone, and apparently it is not for you! The only car that would be remotly close to the size and feel of a Stallion would be a Mini. If you ever had ridden a stallion, you would know the performance, accelleration, braking, and handling of the Stallion is like night and day compared to a Mustang.

If you don't like a stallioin, that is fine.... Stay on your Goldwing or harley. But if you are just going to dis the Stallion you may want to prepare yourself for a critical look at the shallowness of your commnets.

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::pukeface:

Take a test ride, and get back to us!

"shallowness of your commnets"... who put you in charge of this site? Anyone can express a comment and you should not be degrading people because of their views.

The sad part of all this is there are at least 100 stallion owners on here, the majority of which are very happy with their purchase. Then we have the small % who will never be happy, and they tend to make a whole lot more noise.

As a happy Stallion owner I can say it has preformed as well as any other new vechicle I have purchased.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackslapper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png