easier clutch lever

B&P

Apr 11, 2013
Rome, Wi. USA
I am in no way connected to this company. I was looking for an easier way to pull the clutch on a hydraulic clutch tri-glide. I found the solution at www.softbrake.com. They sell products to make your ride fit you better. Their service is great, prices fair and made in Idaho. Check them out.

I am in no way connected to this company. I was looking for an easier way to pull the clutch on a hydraulic clutch tri-glide. I found the solution at www.softbrake.com. They sell products to make your ride fit you better. Their service is great, prices fair and made in Idaho. Check them out.

In your other post you said they were made in America , Now you say Idaho....

Which is it......;);).................:laugh:

I tried Sofbrake's and the clutch lever didn't work with other than stock hand grips. Owner got irate because I didn't mention that I didn't have stock grips when I ordered. He finally agreed to issue a refund. The brake lever works great and I'm still using it.

I have HD grips but not the stock ones.I asked about after market grips and they said that there was a very simple fix if the bike would not start in gear.They said to call back and they would walk me thru it.

I just received my Softbrake levers.... What is the difference between them and the stock ones????? When you sit them side by side, they are IDENTICAL?

Did I just get Carny'd?

Reactions: MDO
I just received my Softbrake levers.... What is the difference between them and the stock ones????? When you sit them side by side, they are IDENTICAL?

Did I just get Carny'd?

You should be able to see that the softbrake levers are pulled back by 1". Stack the on top each other, you will see the difference.

You should be able to see that the softbrake levers are pulled back by 1". Stack the on top each other, you will see the difference.

I did that...that is why I am asking the question. The picture below tells that story. The Stock Lever is on top. The picture shows a little difference on the ball end, but that is just the angle of the camera. They are identical...Stock FLRT and Softbrake. This is true for both Clutch and Brake Levers

Softbrake.jpg

I am using the Softbrake clutch lever only and the side by side difference was very obvious. Seems you must have received a set that have not been reshaped. Send them the pic and I'm sure they will realize the mistake and make everything right.

I did that...that is why I am asking the question. The picture below tells that story. The Stock Lever is on top. The picture shows a little difference on the ball end, but that is just the angle of the camera. They are identical...Stock FLRT and Softbrake. This is true for both Clutch and Brake Levers

View attachment 69299

Something is definitely wrong there. Mine were noticeably different when stacked. Give him a call, he will make it right. He is a good guy to work with.

Your profile says you have a 2013 TG, That's not hydraulic, is it?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png