lifting whole trike at once

Mar 13, 2019
Henderson NV USA
Does anybody Jack their trike up from the side and left the whole thing at once to get all three wheels off at the same time? Or is there a jig that someone could make to attach to a 3-ton Jack and lift it from the side?

Does anybody Jack their trike up from the side and left the whole thing at once to get all three wheels off at the same time? Or is there a jig that someone could make to attach to a 3-ton Jack and lift it from the side?

Rod, Lifting the entire trike without some kind of a platform for stability is extremely dangerous. Even on my trike rack, I am reluctant to lift the front and rear off the rack at the same time.

I hope your insurance and hospitalization is paid !!!:cxtv:

The only platform that is stable enough raise the whole trike 14" is a J&S jack. You can also build 2X8"'s doubled up to raise it 3"

Rod, Lifting the entire trike without some kind of a platform for stability is extremely dangerous. Even on my trike rack, I am reluctant to lift the front and rear off the rack at the same time.

I hope your insurance and hospitalization is paid !!!:cxtv:

Okay thank you Jim, I just wasn't sure if it was doable or not with Jack Stands.

Jacked mine quite a few times, never ever considered jacking all three wheels off the floor together. Sounds bad just writing it.

"Why"? comes to mind.

Many times, I've jacked rears off watching for balance until high enough to get stands or my smaller ramps in place, then done whatever I needed to do and just drift off.

If jacking front, it is the end I'm working on and I am happy to leave rears on the floor.

If rears are on my 7" high, 8" wide bottom solid wood ramps, that would be OK too. I have taller/lighter rino ramps but these wooden ones even work under my truck in the yard.

To jack front, I use a piece of 3/4" plywood under engine above jack plate and add a short piece of 6x6 on end cut to length as a stand.

I usually back the trike up on some car ramps, jack the front end up, under the engine with a regular jack, to get the front wheel up high enough to get a H-jack under the front wheel (cross-ways). Stable, with access under everything and there is more room under the trike to do whatever is needed.

Works great for draining the oil also. You can lower the front a little to get a good drain from the engine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png