places to ride and explore near Traverse City Michigan

Jul 5, 2013
Hankinson, ND, USA
Greetings all,

My wife and I are heading from North Dakota to the Traverse City Michigan area the beginning of June to attend a wedding. We're taking the motorhome and will have the trike on a trailer behind. Planning to go across northern Wisconsin to the UP Michigan and down to Traverse City. We are looking for suggestions on routes to ride in the area and sites to see. We'll be in that area 7 - 10 days.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dave & Peg

Lots to See in the UP

Greetings all,

My wife and I are heading from North Dakota to the Traverse City Michigan area the beginning of June to attend a wedding. We're taking the motorhome and will have the trike on a trailer behind. Planning to go across northern Wisconsin to the UP Michigan and down to Traverse City. We are looking for suggestions on routes to ride in the area and sites to see. We'll be in that area 7 - 10 days.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Dave & Peg

Picture Rocks in Munising, Whitefish Point and Sioux Locks are great choices while in the UP.

Kurt

Glad to hear from you Dave. Heard you had a good time in AZ.

If you go thru Ishpeming, The Yoopers Tourist Trap is a good laugh. The only roads that I know are H 13 and H 58 near Munising with camping at Bay Furnace and Grand Marais. Also check out Tahquamenon Falls State Park. Reservations probably needed for camping.

I sent you a map of the Traverse area with some roads marked. For Peg, there are lots of wineries. And breweries and distilleries for you.

Unfortunately Jan is concrete camping at Grand Haven SP during that time. But we may be able to ride up on the 9th and 10th and I'm available the 10th thru the 14th. Call or text me when you get to TC. We have been trying to ride with you for several years. Maybe this year we can.

John

Glad to hear from you Dave. Heard you had a good time in AZ.

If you go thru Ishpeming, The Yoopers Tourist Trap is a good laugh. The only roads that I know are H 13 and H 58 near Munising with camping at Bay Furnace and Grand Marais. Also check out Tahquamenon Falls State Park. Reservations probably needed for camping.

I sent you a map of the Traverse area with some roads marked. For Peg, there are lots of wineries. And breweries and distilleries for you.

Unfortunately Jan is concrete camping at Grand Haven SP during that time. But we may be able to ride up on the 9th and 10th and I'm available the 10th thru the 14th. Call or text me when you get to TC. We have been trying to ride with you for several years. Maybe this year we can.

John

Hi John, We will keep in touch for sure. Our wedding is on the 8th in Beulah. Would be great to see you. When did you mail the map, I haven't seen anything

yet.

Dave.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png