Freewheeler "Chopper" Project

Yes.... everywhere I go it is the same.... :Dorag:

I have to put the stock wheels and tires back on to get the dyno work done....

Free Bird, I have a question concerning the SS brake lines you mentioned. Is Doc's HD making those for you or someone else locally? The reason I mention this is I would like to change my Freewheeler over to stainless steel lines, eventually and don't know of anyone making them for the Freewheeler.

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Free Bird, I have a question concerning the SS brake lines you mentioned. Is Doc's HD making those for you or someone else locally? The reason I mention this is I would like to change my Freewheeler over to stainless steel lines, eventually and don't know of anyone making them for the Freewheeler.

The Company is Magnum. They are also the ones who make them for Drag Specialties (ref Jack's post). I have new bars so I needed extended ones. But they make stock ones as well for everything that shows except the neck mounted reservoir to the foot brake master.

Here is the trike page for front brake lines

https://www.magnumshielding.com/Bra...absdesigner/nonabsdualbrakes/nonabstrikelower

Here are matching handlebar kits

https://www.magnumshielding.com/handlebarkits/handlebarkits-touring

Here is the Custom Made page

https://www.magnumshielding.com/Custom-Size/Brake-Line-Guides

Just ordered some darker shades ... gonna need them when you unveil this Bad Boy (or girl ... or whatever is PC nowadays) :LooksGreat:

A question just surfaced in my mind ... might have been addressed, but, I don't remember ... is the whole trike getting new paint? I'm assuming yes.

Just ordered some darker shades ... gonna need them when you unveil this Bad Boy (or girl ... or whatever is PC nowadays)

A question just surfaced in my mind ... might have been addressed, but, I don't remember ... is the whole trike getting new paint? I'm assuming yes.

Yes... the concept is something like this.... (Except the fabricator for the springer bailed on me. Perhaps I will add tht next year... I just want to ride at this point)

Flame job.jpg

Paint from top.jpg

Jeff, I was at Doc's HD getting a minor problem corrected on my FW. The service dept. was swamped on a non-rainy Saturday & everyone was ogling your wide tired Freewheeler up on the lift. The service manager, Tim, was giving tours.:)

Jeff, I was at Doc's HD getting a minor problem corrected on my FW. The service dept. was swamped on a non-rainy Saturday & everyone was ogling your wide tired Freewheeler up on the lift. The service manager, Tim, was giving tours.:)

Yes, they do that from time to time. I think they are as anxious as I am to see it completed. I want to get some wind in my hair and bugs in my teeth and they want to Instagram some pics of "Doc's CVO" :laugh:

The gang at Doc's have been GREAT through all of this. I really appreciate their help and their techs. This build has been a real collaboration.

I may have to add your Metzeler 888 tire back to my Freewheeler front tire short list.

I really like the way that tread pattern looks. I would think its excellent at channeling water.

I may have to add your Metzeler 888 tire back to my Freewheeler front tire short list.

I really like the way that tread pattern looks. I would think its excellent at channeling water.

Believe it or not, even the wide tires were not bad on that point. They shed water well at lower speeds. But that said, I have not really pushed the envelope on hydroplaning characteristics and I am sure there are issues if I went looking for them. I got caught in a gully washer in Forest Park Last Fall and took 40 home... white knuckles? yes. Control issues? no

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlrodgers10
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png