Freewheeler "Chopper" Project

Attachments

• E5623E5E-0F73-4357-8903-FF158B269B9D.jpg
    E5623E5E-0F73-4357-8903-FF158B269B9D.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 233
  • 7DC3C1E8-6C39-42AA-A365-14570875EB27.jpeg
    7DC3C1E8-6C39-42AA-A365-14570875EB27.jpeg
    625.2 KB · Views: 236
That trike looks great with those tires and rims. Here is a few pictures of my Honda

WOW! That is an awesome ride! Love the Exhaust!!! That is a great way to route it. The baby moons and the pinstripes in the paint are way cool and of course... gotta love the apes! Very Cool :Dorag:

Watching one of my favorite TV shows ... Counts Kustoms ... and the light bulb came on, have you considered a Sugar Bear front end?:http://sugarbearchoppers.com/frontends.htm

Yes, I looked at them, but this one is kinda of special. It is a full custom one off and Denvers, Sugar Bear, Thompson, etc. did not want to change their tooling. They all make great stuff, but I need a fabricator with springier experience.

Wow! that paint is stunning, and probably worth the wait?

Yes....definitely worth the wait. I have been a JoAnn Bortles Crazy Horse Painting fan since 2003 when she won Easyriders "Painter of the Year". Her winning (and personal) chopper had a heavy layered flame paint job and I have always wanted a similar thing for a bike...now I have one :D She is working on the trunk lid mural now. and then it is clear coat time. I will pick it up in two weeks.

Reactions: MDO
Free Bird, any update on the painted parts? We need to go on a shake down test ride & I have the perfect route. 94 up to 47, then over to Washington & down 100 back to 44.:Dorag:

I just did that route & it is a great ride.

Free Bird, any update on the painted parts? We need to go on a shake down test ride & I have the perfect route. 94 up to 47, then over to Washington & down 100 back to 44.:Dorag: I just did that route & it is a great ride.

I am all in on that.... when the paint comes back......

Still waiting... this was two weeks ago... The flames are parted around a mural of the Immaculate Heart.... She is working on that now

paint 9.jpg

paint7.jpg

Paint 10.jpg

Photoshop with next step (hope it is done by now)

paint 11.jpg

New ETA July 15th....

I hear Fall rides are really nice where I live......:censored:

But it is going to be way cool when finished.... I assume you have seen the bones of my ride at Doc's by now? Braided steel lines look good on the front end as does the DK Air Cleaner and twin EBS cans. I can't wait to get some "gunk" in them :D

Still waiting... this was two weeks ago... The flames are parted around a mural of the Immaculate Heart.... She is working on that now

View attachment 73431

View attachment 73432

View attachment 73433

View attachment 73434

New ETA July 15th....

But it is going to be way cool when finished.... I assume you have seen the bones of my ride at Doc's by now? Braided steel lines look good on the front end as does the DK Air Cleaner and twin EBS cans. I can't wait to get some "gunk" in them :D

Sounds good. Yes, I have seen your trike a Doc's for months. We can leave from there for your test ride. It's good to go with a chase rider in case of trouble.:cool: Maybe the river road from Alton, IL to Grafton will be open by then. We can get a burger at the Hog Pit. That custom ride of yours will draw a crowd there.:)

As far as the EBS, I noticed a definite performance increase with that system, but I keep my oil dipstick 1/2 way up when checked cold & I don't get anything out of there.

My big performance boost was from the new Taylor spark plug wires from DK Customs. It now runs like it's on steroids.

Keep us updated, I can't wait to see it. I plan on going to Doc's for the Veterans/1st. Responders lunch next weekend, if it's not storming.

View attachment 73431

View attachment 73432

View attachment 73433

View attachment 73434

New ETA July 15th....

That is some AWESOME paint

Hopefully your engine is NOT a spitter and you wont have much gunk in your catch cans;) I have an extra long hose on my breathers. At the end of the hose under the tranny I have a drain valve. Once a week I drain it, not much oil comes out but the watery mess sure is nasty looking

My big performance boost was from the new Taylor spark plug wires from DK Customs. It now runs like it's on steroids.

Ok... I have not spent enough money this week on the trike... I got the levers and grab rails leather covered by Iron Braid.... but SPARK PLUG WIRES! I have not replaced those yet. :laugh:

Did you get the Thundervolt 50's or the 409's?

Ok... I have not spent enough money this week on the trike... I got the levers and grab rails leather covered by Iron Braid.... but SPARK PLUG WIRES! I have not replaced those yet. :laugh:

Did you get the Thundervolt 50's or the 409's?

Taylor's Thundervolt 50 from DK Customs. They are amazing. Taylor is a Missouri company also.

DK has the best price I could find. Your in a prime spot to change them with the tank off.

I have a thread on here about them, but I found where they were cable tied to the frame, cuts in the outer insulation in 2 places.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png