What is this?

Dec 11, 2020
Savona NY USA
What conversion is this?

I'm attaching some pics, story is this 04 Ultra was converted new somewhere in FL using Mopar parts. I am interested in knowing more about it for PM and parts if needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20201209_155938311.jpg
    IMG_20201209_155938311.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20201209_112719635.jpg
    IMG_20201209_112719635.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20201209_112731016.jpg
    IMG_20201209_112731016.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Jim, this is kind of interesting.

It has enough brakes to qualify as a truck though.

If it were me, if the owner cannot tell you the maker/manufacturer of the conversion, I would let it pass regardless of the deal.

It looks kinda like a Trike Shop Conversion, they have a shop in Daytona.:Shrug:

Jim, this is kind of interesting.

It has enough brakes to qualify as a truck though.

If it were me, if the owner cannot tell you the maker/manufacturer of the conversion, I would let it pass regardless of the deal.

It looks kinda like a Trike Shop Conversion, they have a shop in Daytona.:Shrug:

Thank you Lee, the middle caliper is a cable operated parking brake. Can any Trike Shop ppl here confirm?

Its an earlier gen Trike Shop, now called Roadsmith, conversion. Some of the components are different on the newer generation, so I would be concerned about sourcing replacement parts. You might want to call Doug Lindholm at Roadsmith and ask him to pull up your post here on the forum and he can tell you whether there are replacement parts available.

Its an earlier gen Trike Shop, now called Roadsmith conversion. Some of the components are different on the newer generation, so I would be concerned about sourcing replacement parts. You might want to call Doug Lindholm at Roadsmith and ask him to pull up your post here on the forum and he can tell you whether there are replacement parts available.

I came to the right place, thanks Papa :)

I remember having a brochure for that conversion, I believe it was called 'Ultimate' from the Trike Shop and they did have an office in Daytona Beach Florida. They have a unique body style. Even the GL1500 was different than most. Thank you for the pics.

:)

I came to the right place, thanks Papa :)

Jim,

It looks like the rear half shafts and CV boots are likely the same VW parts they are still using to date. Those are the most commonly replaced items, particularly the rubber CV boots. Those can be sourced from any auto parts store. I have a list of part numbers for all the RS over the counter replacement parts I can share with you to cross reference. Shoot me a PM if you want the list.

Jim,

It looks like the rear half shafts and CV boots are likely the same VW parts they are still using to date. Those are the most commonly replaced items, particularly the rubber CV boots. Those can be sourced from any auto parts store. I have a list of part numbers for all the RS over the counter replacement parts I can share with you to cross reference. Shoot me a PM if you want the list.

PM sent. Thank you very much. 👍

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png