Kuryakyn 8742 Filler Pad availability

May 23, 2021
Clatskanie, OR
Thinking about installing a Tour Pak relocator from DK Custom on our 21 TG, but I can’t seem to find the Kury 8742 filler pad to make the install complete.

Kuryakyn indicates out of stock for a loooong time…other suppliers (JP, Revzilla, etc.) appear to be out as well…anyone know where I might find one?

Can't help you on locating one, this covid thing has put quite a few things behind and looks like it is not going to get any better any time soon. If I remember right Kevin's wife made one for their trike. I'm sure you could go to any unholstery shop and they could make one, more than likely even better the the ones you buy, just a thought, good luck

All for now Trampas

P.S. I just thought of this, maybe check amazon

I kept checking for several months after installing Kevin's relocation kit on my 19 Trike, never did see that the filler pads were in stock anywhere. Still using the same piece of foam (cut to fit) and covered with a black towel. I change the towel out about every 2 months to keep it looking nice. The new ones cost less than $2.00 at Walmart. The brains of the outfit that sits back there seems to like the set up.

I kept checking for several months after installing Kevin's relocation kit on my 19 Trike, never did see that the filler pads were in stock anywhere. Still using the same piece of foam (cut to fit) and covered with a black towel. I change the towel out about every 2 months to keep it looking nice. The new ones cost less than $2.00 at Walmart. The brains of the outfit that sits back there seems to like the set up.

Thanks, Joe…

I might just order one and a relo kit and wait till the pad gets here; winter project!

Took the original to an auto upholstery shop and asked to make another one 3 inches longer and $30. later I have one that will fill all the positions.

I just discovered they are back in stock. Ordered one from RevZilla and it was here in three days.

Save yourself some grief and skinned knuckles; when you take the bolts out for the existing back pad, go down to the hardware store and find some machine screws that are 10–24X 3/4 inch… as the existing screws are too short to really mate up with the new thick pad.

I bought the Tour pak extender from DK Custom. I looked at J&P cycles in Anamosa Ia. They had the filler pad in stock. Them I told them I had a 2022 Trike, it came back saying it didn't fit that year. I also was looking through the owners manual and it said that they had a 2 position adjustable slide on the new trikes. They said they install them all the way to the back. Not sure about how fare back they go. ?? I just got my relocator from DK yesterday. I have to do some investigating. Hope this helps.

I bought the Tour pak extender from DK Custom. I looked at J&P cycles in Anamosa Ia. They had the filler pad in stock. Them I told them I had a 2022 Trike, it came back saying it didn't fit that year. I also was looking through the owners manual and it said that they had a 2 position adjustable slide on the new trikes. They said they install them all the way to the back. Not sure about how fare back they go. ?? I just got my relocator from DK yesterday. I have to do some investigating. Hope this helps.

I talked to Harley Tech last night at a HOG meeting about the tourpak adjuster that Harley has on the new trikes. He said the adjuster is only an inch at most. So DK tourpak adjuster is good to go.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png