Freewheeler reverse problem

Jul 18, 2014
Hudson
Cannot get my 2015 Freewheeler(5,109miles) to go in reverse. It’s not tripping the circuit breaker. I thought maybe the battery was old and too weak (Bought in 2019) so I bought a new battery. That didn’t work either . Cannot really afford to bring to dealerships . Any real (non smart ass) ideas ?

Does the R light up on the speedo?

Do you hit the reverse button a second time?

Does revving engine up a bit help?

The ECM is suppose to increase the RPM for the bigger electrical load

Cannot get my 2015 Freewheeler(5,109miles) to go in reverse. It’s not tripping the circuit breaker. I thought maybe the battery was old and too weak (Bought in 2019) so I bought a new battery. That didn’t work either . Cannot really afford to bring to dealerships . Any real (non smart ass) ideas ?

If it’s anything like my Triglide you might’ve trip the circuit breaker look under the right side panel for what looks like a toggle switch… flip it back-and-forth..

Ha! New part number is usually code for "we found a cheaper supplier but give them the impression its an upgrade and charge em more". Anyway those diagnostics are straight out of the Trike Service Supplement manual and you can save yourself $$$ by following them. I HATE handing money over to a dealership.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png