Front tire wear

Mar 9, 2022
Wilson, NC USA
Hello everyone,

went to Maggie Valley recently and put about 1000 miles on trike. Upon returning home noticed cupping on front tire. I checked and adjusted pressures before we left. To all who are in Maggie this weekend for holiday when you get home check your front tire and post how yours looks and any suggestions.

Thanks

P.S. found out my trike has a recall. Go to the Harley site and enter your VIN #.

Hello everyone,

went to Maggie Valley recently and put about 1000 miles on trike. Upon returning home noticed cupping on front tire. I checked and adjusted pressures before we left. To all who are in Maggie this weekend for holiday when you get home check your front tire and post how yours looks and any suggestions.

Thanks

P.S. found out my trike has a recall. Go to the Harley site and enter your VIN #.

Have you notice any vibration at a given speed if so the tire might be out of balance??

I've always had good luck on "how' my front trike tires wear, the issue has always been they wear out between 14,000 and 16,000 miles. I just went over 40,000 miles on my 2019 and I will need my third front tire in another month or two.

When balancing your front tire what do you prefer? Stick on lead weights, balancing beads, or something else, like Ride on?

Also what kind of tire pressure do y'all run in the front tire when it's 90 degrees plus outside?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Thanks

What tire?

What pressure?

22 in rear & 36 front.. I use Dyna beads for yrs. Tried Ride-On once & when guy changed the tire ,it was a total mess for him to clean that stuff out before he could mount the new tire. Never again ..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png