200,000 HD Touring Bikes Recall Issue Including Trikes

I haven't been notified either.

Update: Spoke too soon. It was in my mailbox this evening. Harley says the repairs should take approximately 2 hours for the dealer to do. Think I'll wait for the dealers to get competent with the job and see if any unintended consequences occur.

I haven't been notified either.

Update: Spoke too soon. It was in my mailbox this evening. Harley says the repairs should take approximately 2 hours for the dealer to do. Think I'll wait for the dealers to get competent with the job and see if any unintended consequences occur.

That is an excellent plan, I checked my dealer today, they do not have the switches in stock yet, so as long as my cruise still works I will wait for them to call me

I got my letter today, parts not available until sometime in December. I haven't had any trouble with the brake lights yet, we almost always have someone following us on a ride and I've made them aware of the potential brake lights always on.

Had the switch replacement done 2 yrs ago. The exhaust heat cooks them as it’s next to the cat on my 2012. No more cat no more issues.

Had the switch replacement done 2 yrs ago. The exhaust heat cooks them as it’s next to the cat on my 2012. No more cat no more issues.

Same with my 2011…..But way back in 2013? … I didn’t have a problem with it before or after (The dealer moved it automatically when I bought it in for an oil change guess it was a service bulletin) and with 50,000 miles on it when I traded it in ..

Switch

Same with my 2011…..But way back in 2013? … I didn’t have a problem with it before or after (The dealer moved it automatically when I bought it in for an oil change guess it was a service bulletin) and with 50,000 miles on it when I traded it in ..

……same here, Ive never had an issue with my 2010, bought new, now with 112 K on that puppy!

Love my trike :Coffee:

Got the recall in the mail. Hardly, if any riding left this year. That's a problem to address next year. As long as the cruise works I figure the brake lights are not stuck on. Easy way to test it.

Got the recall in the mail. Hardly, if any riding left this year. That's a problem to address next year. As long as the cruise works I figure the brake lights are not stuck on. Easy way to test it.

My cruise is not working - does not look like my brake lights are stuck on. But, for me - this could be another issue. Bike was originally a two wheeler - everything worked. When it was converted, everything worked. Finally, I wanted to add TPMS to the new rear wheels - they had to flash the system.

Bike now thinks it is a TriGlide - so, it might be looking for that different switch

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png