Driveshaft bearing

New member here with a just purchased 2004 GL1800 Cobra.

Does anyone have current part numbers for the rubber boot and the CV joint (Rezeppa bearing?) that connects the driveshaft to the differential input shaft?

The current (failed) bearing has a GNK number that is no longer available.

I am hoping to source parts locally since I am scheduled to leave on a trip on Tuesday.

Fyi, all other parts of the driveline are in good shape. It looks like the boot cracked and allowed dirt to infiltrate the bearing.

Does anyone have current part numbers for the rubber boot and the CV joint (Rezeppa bearing?) that connects the driveshaft to the differential input shaft?

I am hoping to source parts locally since I am scheduled to leave on a trip on Tuesday.

Fyi, all other parts of the driveline are in good shape. It looks like the boot cracked and allowed dirt to infiltrate the bearing.

Glen…Welcome to Trike Talk 👍👍👍

If no one is able to provide part numbers, give CSC a call direct Mon day first thing. They are usually more than happy to help providing that kind of info. I had problems with my u-joint last year in my Viper and they gave me the Spicer part number so I could get it done. Certain things need to be ordered from them but if it can be found elsewhere, they will let you know.

Post a picture of what your looking for I have a few GW 1800 drive shafts, I might be able to help you ?

For some reason, I am unable to post a picture.

The bearing in question looks like a run of the mill series 15 CV joint. GKN Part # C153100198010. Can’t find a part # on the boot.

No one locally has that bearing and they cannot confirm a cross reference part #.

Maybe if I knew what vehicle this was sourced from?

Tranny output shaft, yolk/u-joint, and driveshaft are all in good shape. Just need to replace bearing and boot.

For some reason, I am unable to post a picture.

The bearing in question looks like a run of the mill series 15 CV joint. GKN Part # C153100198010. Can’t find a part # on the boot.

No one locally has that bearing and they cannot confirm a cross reference part #.

Maybe if I knew what vehicle this was sourced from?

Tranny output shaft, yolk/u-joint, and driveshaft are all in good shape. Just need to replace bearing and boot.

Have a look here, the joint in question seems to fit VW and Audi applications, if you scroll down it shows the boot also

https://www.race-parts.com/gkn-108mm-od-size-15-standard-cv-joint

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png