Vent on primary

If you bought your M8 new and did not have your dealer install the plastic button there will be nothing more to do than your install of the primary vent

I did buy it new. I installed the vent and the instructions say remove the oil deflector if present. I could not find it in the parts manual. And I would have to take the exhaust off to get at it.

So is that something the dealer would of put on?

Thank You

I did buy it new. I installed the vent and the instructions say remove the oil deflector if present. I could not find it in the parts manual. And I would have to take the exhaust off to get at it.

Thank You

The dealer would only put it on if you were having fluid transfer problems. It was Harley’s first attempt at a fix. If you haven’t changed you clutch fluid you might want to have a look and do the fluid. It should be done every 2 years.

You can get the cover off by just loosening the exhaust. When you have it off trim the bottom of it. Next time it will come off with only moving the heat shield. The trimmed part doesn’t show.

Right. My 2017 did not have the button. I changed out my slave so I was sure it didn’t have it.

Just a side note.....The dealer with Harleys OK put the button in my 2017....To stop the oil migration .....It made it worst....The migration went from around 15 hundred miles down to 8 hundred or less to a dry transmission....And at that early stage the vent' For lack of a better word wasn't invented yet......

Thank You

Did you have your dealer look @ your trike for the transfer problem?

They may have put it on via HD warranty it to your dealer but I would think they would have told you they were doing it

You can take your slave cylinder off and look in the hole to see if it is there, it will look like this

10_oil_deflectoraa_12990765da626563bc8dcc70ea123c4cd7b30aad.jpg

Thank You

Before you go taking anything apart.......Have your dealer run your VIN Numbers and if Harley, Or Any Harley Dealer had installed it it will come up on their computer...

Before you go taking anything apart.......Have your dealer run your VIN Numbers and if Harley, Or Any Harley Dealer had installed it it will come up on their computer...

Would it not just be simple enough to check with his dealer, or look @ all of his service records, it should be there if he ever had it to the dealer for the transfer problem

I think we are over thinking this JMO

Would it not just be simple enough to check with his dealer, or look @ all of his service records, it should be there if he ever had it to the dealer for the transfer problem

I think we are over thinking this JMO

It would take less than 10 minuets for the dealer to run the VIN...Its like a DNA...

When i bought my 2019 Triglide used with under 2 hundred miles on it I had a dealer (not the one i got it from) run the numbers, And he had a print out with everything that was done and at what dealer did the work...ThumbUp.

It would take less than 10 minuets for the dealer to run the VIN...Its like a DNA...

When i bought my 2019 Triglide used with under 2 hundred miles on it I had a dealer (not the one i got it from) run the numbers, And he had a print out with everything that was done and at what dealer did the work...ThumbUp.

I still say either the dealer put it on or not, there is a paper trail @ the dealer

Bill should know if the deflector was installed and should have paperwork that supports that

KISS always works for me

The paper trail is the VIN Number print out....

Bob, either Bill knows or not and has a receipt ( work order) from a dealer doing the job

Have you ever had a bike serviced at a dealer and not got a copy of the work order?

Why are we beating ourselves up over this any way?

Show us the work order and be done with it, forget chasing the VIN and wasting time, either it was worked on or not

The dealer would only put it on if you were having fluid transfer problems. It was Harley’s first attempt at a fix. If you haven’t changed you clutch fluid you might want to have a look and do the fluid. It should be done every 2 years.

You can get the cover off by just loosening the exhaust. When you have it off trim the bottom of it. Next time it will come off with only moving the heat shield. The trimmed part doesn’t show.

I trimmed the bottom of my cover and I don't have to move the heat shield or anything else, just loosen the 2 bolts and it comes off just fine, didn't want to go thru all the trouble of loosening everything up the next time so I trimmed it down, and it doesn't show from the side or top, never did look at the bottom, LOL

All for now Trampas

The bike is probably due to have the brake cylinder fluid replaced at this point anyway.

Simply remove the secondary cylinder and look.

If the baffle is there, remove the cover (nothing will fall out), and remove it.

9 Remove Cylinder.jpg10 Oil DeflectorAA.jpg11 Oil DeflectorAA.jpg12 Oil DeflectorAA.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png