What Made You Join TrikeTalk Forum?

This is the first forum that popped up on my Google search. I want to learn from others as well as pass some things on that I have learned about trike life. Possibly meet up with other owners in the future.

Hi Don, :welcome: to Trike Talk and your first post

I think you will find this site very user friendly with a lot of folks willing to help solve problems

I have a trike conversion having reverse gear issues. Where do I buy gear assembly or individual gears?

Welcome to Trike Talk and your first post

You might want to post your enquiry in the correct forum for the make of your trike

You should get more exposure that way and quicker responses

MOTORTRIKE ISSUES

Two years ago while riding I could not get the trike in neutral was like the shifter could not find neutral. Could not get the trike to start even pulling in the clutch. Yesterday it happend again. Tried to get a tow to get the bike home could not find anyone to tow a trike. Fooled with the shifter and got it to start up. It seemed that it was stuck in 4th gear. Was only 8 miles from the house so was able to get it home since it was a level back road.

When I got it home I was able to shift to neutral and all the gears with no problem. A friend told me to shift it in neutral before shutting it down then after you shut it off to then shift into first gear so it dosen't roll. Any thoughts appreciated.

I had two knee replacements back in 2013 and didn't recover 100%. My Road glide was to difficult to backup into parking spaces so I thought that was the end of my riding days after 42 years.

Harley introduced the Freewheeler in 2015, when I saw it I knew this was a way to still be "In the wind" again, I've loved trike riding ever since. It's been 9 years since I bought it and all my riding friends are gone now, but I'm still out there.

Some times when I stop for coffee or gas, I rarely meet other bikers who seem to have an attitude about trikes, I once got a snide remark from a young guy who said "That's not a real bike", I just smiled.

Age and wisdom have given me a different perspective. I just traded in my 2015 Freewheeler for a 2023 Road Glide 3, my wife and kids thought I was nuts. Maybe I am, but I'll be damned if I leave all my money to my wife's next boyfriend.

At 73 years old my mantra in life is, "If not now, When". I tell my grandkids "I'm not your typical Grandpa", I've had Harleys since 1969 and hot rods too, (There's a attachment below ) of my customized 1957 Chevy BelAir convertible with a 383 stroker and my customized Freewheeler in my garage. There's no customized "walker" in there too. I love the freedom the trike has given back to me at this age.

I picture Peter Fonda & Dennis Hopper riding down the highway on trikes listening to Steppenwolf's "Born to be Wild"song on they're infotainment systems, (Hey it's been 54 years since the movie Easy Rider came out, we all got old or was it just me?)

I tell my grandkids to "Be your own original self" I'm enjoying my life and my trike is my "Prozac" when I go out for a ride I solve all the world's problems but I'm to old to remember them when I get home. Any ways keep your nose in the wind, It'll make you feel alive.

Great site, Thanks for your time, Dan

Attachments

• 20230626_102815.jpg
    20230626_102815.jpg
    793.3 KB · Views: 31

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png