Harley Dealership Mail Order Restriction

keikat2

90+ Posts
Jun 9, 2018
Forney, Texas, USA
I was getting ready to order some Tri-Glide parts from the Surdyke Harley dealership website. However, I had some questions concerning the parts; and, in turn, sent an email to their customer service email address. Almost immediately, I received an email response back indicating Harley has now restricted their dealerships from selling and shipping parts to customers outside their geographic territory. Anybody else experienced this issue?

Allen S.

I was getting ready to order some Tri-Glide parts from the Surdyke Harley dealership website. However, I had some questions concerning the parts; and, in turn, sent an email to their customer service email address. Almost immediately, I received an email response back indicating Harley has now restricted their dealerships from selling and shipping parts to customers outside their geographic territory. Anybody else experienced this issue?

Allen S.

Yes Sir - this happened some time ago. Dealers are now restricted to their service areas.

Allen S.

YES,, that started months ago.. no more discount dealers.

Thank you "cycle7447", "rhino2", and "PosseRider" for your comments concerning my inquiry about Harley dealerships restriction to sell parts outside of their operating territory. The only problem is "When a freedom is taken away, the remaining freedoms have a tendency to become even more restrictive and eventually taken away, as well". What if Harley decides not sell Harley parts to anybody who likes to maintain and repair their own Harley? Then, we all would have to take our Harley to a dealership to have them worked on. Just food for thought.

Thank you,

Allen S.

Thank you "cycle7447", "rhino2", and "PosseRider" for your comments concerning my inquiry about Harley dealerships restriction to sell parts outside of their operating territory. The only problem is "When a freedom is taken away, the remaining freedoms have a tendency to become even more restrictive and eventually taken away, as well". What if Harley decides not sell Harley parts to anybody who likes to maintain and repair their own Harley? Then, we all would have to take our Harley to a dealership to have them worked on. Just food for thought.

Thank you,

Allen S.

You still have the freedom to ride over to the Discount dealer and buy the discounted parts from them in person….And also the freedom not to buy a Harley Davidson because of the motherships policy…

Was looking online for the Harley clock that I've got mounted on my fairing. Surdyke Harley had the best price hands down. This was before the directive went out from HD. After I gave them my card info and placed the order it showed me the shipping cost. With that cost included it was pennies different then what Harley had listed on their website with free shipping. So much for my discount.

Thank you,

Allen S.
WTF are you talking about? Nobody violated your "freedom." HD is a corporation and has the right to restrict how its merchandise is sold by its franchisee's. If you bought a franchise part of your agreement is territorial protection from bring undersold by rival franchise's. BTW Rip Vanwinkle- your post is old news and your late to the party. If you don't like the prices go the aftermarket route- usually better quality anyway.

The only problem is "When a freedom is taken away, the remaining freedoms have a tendency to become even more restrictive and eventually taken away, as well".

For crying out loud...

Companies have the right to set a minimum price on their products. None of your rights are being taken away, stop whining.

Go on amazon and find a product, did you ever notice that the price is almost the same no matter the vendor?

I ordered an ignition coil for my `89 Softail a few months ago from the MoCo website, the shipping was free and the part showed up in 4 days.

The horror....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png