Harley Conversions: What Bike & Conversion Do You Have?

00L0L_hxgBFzvKJ8y_600x450.jpg

I'm pretty excited I scored this off craigslist yesterday, now I can finally pull the little trailer I have.

Love my softail custom But

I love my softail custom and I love to ride But after a few injuries and then treatment for cancer my balance is gone. I tried riding a Harley made trike for me it was just not right nothing about it was right for me, it was not my softail. So I went Frankenstein trike kit. And all I can say is WOW it's feels the same but different my bike still looks close to the same. It really fun to ride my buddie that said they would never do that to their bikes can't ride mine often enough.

I think people that have written about how trikes ride have never ridden one, so far almost nothing I have read has been right. Last summer I put 6600 miles on my trike and didn't go anywhere. My bike is still light and fastit might weight 80-100 pounds more than it did as a 2 wheeled bike did I mension how much fun it is to ride. And yes a curvie hilly road are still the best. If there is a down side it everywhere you stop it gather a crowd with question because you just don't see many or not around here you don't. My local Harley dealer wants me to park around back of his shop because he is tired of having to tell his customers that they don't sell the Frankenstein kits(they should start)

This is a last year picture, my monster is still in winter storage I did get some new stuff for it over the winter a windsheild,cup holder and a nicer leather sissy bar bag.

trike12.JPG

I love my softail custom and I love to ride But after a few injuries and then treatment for cancer my balance is gone. I tried riding a Harley made trike for me it was just not right nothing about it was right for me, it was not my softail. So I went Frankenstein trike kit. And all I can say is WOW it's feels the same but different my bike still looks close to the same. It really fun to ride my buddie that said they would never do that to their bikes can't ride mine often enough. I think people that have written about how trikes ride have never ridden one, so far almost nothing I have read has been right. Last summer I put 6600 miles on my trike and didn't go anywhere. My bike is still light and fastit might weight 80-100 pounds more than it did as a 2 wheeled bike did I mension how much fun it is to ride. And yes a curvie hilly road are still the best. If there is a down side it everywhere you stop it gather a crowd with question because you just don't see many or not around here you don't. My local Harley dealer wants me to park around back of his shop because he is tired of having to tell his customers that they don't sell the Frankenstein kits(they should start)

Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? Best wishes for many more miles of smiles!

1992 ultra classic tour glide

Two Tone blue 49000 miles motor trike trog kit belt drive drum brakes Cragar wheels bf goodrich white letter radial ta with avon trike bias ply tire on front

I love my softail custom and I love to ride But after a few injuries and then treatment for cancer my balance is gone. I tried riding a Harley made trike for me it was just not right nothing about it was right for me, it was not my softail. So I went Frankenstein trike kit. And all I can say is WOW it's feels the same but different my bike still looks close to the same. It really fun to ride my buddie that said they would never do that to their bikes can't ride mine often enough.

I think people that have written about how trikes ride have never ridden one, so far almost nothing I have read has been right. Last summer I put 6600 miles on my trike and didn't go anywhere. My bike is still light and fastit might weight 80-100 pounds more than it did as a 2 wheeled bike did I mension how much fun it is to ride. And yes a curvie hilly road are still the best. If there is a down side it everywhere you stop it gather a crowd with question because you just don't see many or not around here you don't. My local Harley dealer wants me to park around back of his shop because he is tired of having to tell his customers that they don't sell the Frankenstein kits(they should start)

This is a last year picture, my monster is still in winter storage I did get some new stuff for it over the winter a windsheild,cup holder and a nicer leather sissy bar bag.

View attachment 55872

Nothing at all with Frankenstein is wrong, good choice.

I have a 2016 Softail Slim S with a Frankenstein Kit. It is a straight axle and I have had 7000 trouble free miles on the kit. I love the look of the Frankenstein kits with the fat wheels. The straight axle gives a stiffer ride but I wouldn't have it any other way due to the handling characteristics and simplicity of the design. This will take corners like it is on a rail. If I had to start over I would buy Frankenstein again.

View attachment 54029View attachment 54031

Steve that is one good looking trike you have, sounds like you really like it.

Good job on the conversion.

Ronnie

2014 FLHTK Lehman IRS KIT

My kit was purchased in Murfreesboro, TN at Madness Cycle, from Tony Molina, installed by Bill Swift’s crew in Garden Grove, CA at the Champion factory. I was living in Tucson, AZ at the time and it made perfect sense to carry my bike to CA. They did an excellent job. Bill was great to work with along with his entire crew.

730AF045-D921-4D22-B73B-84BFC7703EE8.jpeg213CC3D6-5482-4A69-A34F-FF9681932FF4.jpegE1D37D59-B2D2-4717-A9B0-CF47D7039F31.jpeg4AD0742E-2728-4B1E-A80A-9181BA74D907.jpeg

Attachments

• CD28173D-46FA-4C6F-8470-A6FBC1118E45.jpg
    CD28173D-46FA-4C6F-8470-A6FBC1118E45.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 420BD0EE-AD2C-4C7D-A68A-09F608139070.jpeg
    420BD0EE-AD2C-4C7D-A68A-09F608139070.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 113
  • 7AAC21E6-F4EC-4E10-899E-A7F9686D0D2B.jpeg
    7AAC21E6-F4EC-4E10-899E-A7F9686D0D2B.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 113

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png