Drool coming down the inside of the speedometer glass.

IMO, until HD makes a totally sealed go fast gauge the fogging and moisture will continue

After sitting in the garage, mine will fog for about a mile here in FLA

The speedo is cool to the touch, the ambient air is hot and humid go figure

Hi Jack :D Mine never fogs....at least not that I can see. I know that doesn’t mean moisture doesn’t get in there. Mine has permanent marks in the anti fog coating on the inside glass. It’s annoying and unsightly but otherwise not an issue.

Carol, I would try your dealer one more time

They may Good Will it for you

I expected TOO much from HD I guess

I have had problems with all

my bikes speedos

Once a bit of moisture gets in it is pretty much over IMO

My FW, after coming out of my cool garage & into the sun, will develop a small amount of condensation, for what seems to be a few hours and then it seems to burn off.

The fact this is happening to more than 1 model ( Different P/N speedometers) would indicate it's a problem with their assembly/build process IMO.:gah:

My Freewheeler does this also. Always clears up but takes awhile sometimes.

Sunman

What I'm talking about is not condensation that can evaporate or burn off. It's more like a car window would look if you shook a can of soda, opened it, it sprays on your window and you never cleaned it. You can see thru it but it's distorted...

What I'm talking about is not condensation that can evaporate or burn off. It's more like a car window would look if you shook a can of soda, opened it, it sprays on your window and you never cleaned it. You can see thru it but it's distorted...

I wonder if your version of the problem is just a Tri-Glide problem? I definitely don't have what your describing on my FW. All my condensation is right over the LCD display on my speedo & usually clears within 2 hours.

I would do what you mentioned & wait till the last part of my warranty.

My Freewheeler does this also. Always clears up but takes awhile sometimes.

Sunman

You have "fog" , the "drool" is a different animal. It does not go away. Dealer told me it is something HD tried to seal the unit, but has created another problem. They have replaced mine, under warranty.

Anybody know if this is just the stock gauges? I had one replaced under warranty but it’s happening again. If I upgrade will I have the same issue?

Anybody know if this is just the stock gauges? I had one replaced under warranty but it’s happening again. If I upgrade will I have the same issue?

That is a good question Carol

I dunno, I do know this is NOT a new problem with HD gauges of any kind

All my bikes I bought new since 88 have done this

I had a 1980 FLH with a Drag Specialties Go fast gauge that stayed clear but that was a long time ago

I believe Stewart Warner was the maker for DS

That is a good question Carol

I dunno, I do know this is NOT a new problem with HD gauges of any kind

All my bikes I bought new since 88 have done this

I had a 1980 FLH with a Drag Specialties Go fast gauge that stayed clear but that was a long time ago

I believe Stewart Warner was the maker for DS

I have had at least 8 new Harleys, & this is the first that had "drool". All the others had "fog" that would clear up after riding a few miles. The "drool" DOES NOT clear. This is a NEW problem. Nice picture of it in above post. Dealer said this is first this has happened & told me what was different, & it would not go away like in previous years "fog".

My '06 Deluxe and '08 Heritage did not show this problem, but those were different animals. Both my '14 and '17 TriGlides have this same problem. Not extremely severe, but noticeable, and it is not condensation, but sort of an oily deposit. I will have this one replaced under warranty.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png