Tuner needed? DK Customs....your thoughts

SouthportFLRT

60+ Posts
Feb 2, 2023
Southport NC USA
I am in the process of upgrading the Intake system to the H-D Screamin Eagle High-Flow Air Cleaner Kit Wedge which will allow me to maintain the stock AC Cover. My FLRT, being a 2019, has the 114 motor. The trike has the stock Head Pipes but is equipped with Cobra 909 Slip-ons. So my question is...will I need a tuner? I am familiar with the V&H Fuelpak 3 as that is what I put on my 2015 SGS. Thoughts, impressions and knowlege greatly appreciated.

Me I would contact Fuel Moto.USA they will load a decent map on a Power Commander Dynojet product. Then when you upgrade something else they will send you another map you can load. No offense Kevin. I just have had really good maps and service from them. DK might be able to do all this as well.

I am in the process of upgrading the Intake system to the H-D Screamin Eagle High-Flow Air Cleaner Kit Wedge which will allow me to maintain the stock AC Cover. My FLRT, being a 2019, has the 114 motor. The trike has the stock Head Pipes but is equipped with Cobra 909 Slip-ons. So my question is...will I need a tuner? I am familiar with the V&H Fuelpak 3 as that is what I put on my 2015 SGS. Thoughts, impressions and knowlege greatly appreciated.

Yes, there is a lot of confusing info out there. This is something we have researched and tested extensively.M8's from 2017 thru 2023 are NOT too lean, whether in OEM condition, Or with free flowing intake and exhaust. Here is report LINK showing the AFR will be just fine on your '19 M8, even with free flowing intake and exhaust.

HOWEVER, they do run too hot for their own good (but this is NOT because of the tune). Here is a written report LINK with lots of info on why and how to cool your Harley down

And Here is a video of something your Harley will love for you to do for it-

Kevin

Yes, there is a lot of confusing info out there. This is something we have researched and tested extensively.M8's from 2017 thru 2023 are NOT too lean, whether in OEM condition, Or with free flowing intake and exhaust. Here is report LINK showing the AFR will be just fine on your '19 M8, even with free flowing intake and exhaust.

HOWEVER, they do run too hot for their own good (but this is NOT because of the tune). Here is a written report LINK with lots of info on why and how to cool your Harley down

And Here is a video of something your Harley will love for you to do for it-

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

After watching many of your videos and all the recommendations others have posted about DKCustoms on this site, I truly appreciate your information and the very reason I included your company name in my initial post. In the process of adding an EBS to my FLRT as well as my wife's Twin Cam 103, I hope these add-ons improve our bike's engine life and functionality. Again, THANK YOU.

Thanks Kevin,

After watching many of your videos and all the recommendations others have posted about DKCustoms on this site, I truly appreciate your information and the very reason I included your company name in my initial post. In the process of adding an EBS to my FLRT as well as my wife's Twin Cam 103, I hope these add-ons improve our bike's engine life and functionality. Again, THANK YOU.

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your business.

I believe you will be well pleased with the EBS installs on both your bikes.

Glad to hear you are finding the videos useful/interesting.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png