2019 Tri-Glide CB Push to Talk button Swap

Feb 12, 2018
DELAND
Anyone with a 2019 TG had the CB installed 'AND' had the PTT button swapped over to the left hand side..? I know this can be done on the 2018 and older models. Wasn't sure about the 2019's

I have done a little research and found out that it is possible for a push to talk and cruise switch button swap. I am still doing additional research, but here is what I have found out this far.

The details are outlined in H-D Tech Tip TT460 (trying to get my hands on this document) There is a “PTT/Cruise Control Switch Button Swap kit”, part # 71500494. The buttons are gray so that service techs will know that they have been swapped if/when trouble shooting. Your dealer will have to reconfigure your BOOM system using Digital Technician (software update).

Still trying to determine if it will work on 2019’s (I can’t see why not). My dealer is closed right now so I can’t call and confirm. My initial research indicates that it works on 2014 to 2018’s

hope this helps

Mike

Last edited:
I had the button swap done on my 2019 yesterday by my dealer. The dealer charged me a half hour labor. Everything works great. Glad I had it done.hth

Mike

I had the button swap done on my 2014 yesterday by my dealer. The dealer charged me a half hour labor. After riding for a week in Georgia a couple weeks ago I had to get it done and I'm glad I did. they also swapped the button caps so it is labeled correctly.

I sure wish they kept the wiring for the hand held mic....dumb defeating this option!

i know you can push the mic button and the PPT buttons together and it’ll work, but it’s a pain...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png