Motortrike Cracked Body

Apr 7, 2011
Camano Island Wa.
My Motortrike got loose in my Toyhauler on the way to Sturgis in July I have been fighting with the insurance company until now to replace the body they now have agreed to replace it the problem I have now is I placed an order with a Motortrike dealer in Kennewick Washington but Motortrike will not accept the order until they see pictures of the damage I always thought if you purchase a kit and you need replacememt parts and you are willing to pay for the parts they would be willing to sell you the part but not so I was told they would have to send the pictures to upper management to see if they would sell me a body to replace my body. What's up with that if anyone has an answer please let me know

my motortrike got loose in my toyhauler on the way to sturgis in july i have been fighting with the insurance company until now to replace the body they now have agreed to replace it the problem i have now is i placed an order with a motortrike dealer in kennewick washington but motortrike will not accept the order until they see pictures of the damage i always thought if you purchase a kit and you need replacememt parts and you are willing to pay for the parts they would be willing to sell you the part but not so i was told they would have to send the pictures to upper management to see if they would sell me a body to replace my body. What's up with that if anyone has an answer please let me know

call them direct and ask.

Why not just snap a couple Pics, email them, and be done with it? :Shrug:
They get the simple verification they want,
You get the Body you want.
Not a Big Deal. Definitely no real "hoop" to jump through.

If it's an issue with having ability to take Pics or know how to attach to email,,,
Surely the Adjuster took Pics.
Call the Insurance Company and have them email a couple of theirs to MT.

If it's an issue with having ability to take Pics or know how to attach to email,,,
Agreed!!
I'm sure one of the reasons is to make sure you have a motortrike conversion. No one wants their body on some brand X conversion:AGGHH:

No I don't have a problem sending them pictures I had already done that The problem I have is there telling me it could be a counter fit body which I think is funny since the body that's on my trike was ordered by Jeff Vey and was put on by their shop in Troup

include a copy of your original invoice ? lots of industrial espionage in the world. may just be trying to look out for their brand. <br />
I haven't had any trouble from motor trike.

It only takes a few bad folks to ruin it all for the rest.
I do understand.
I bought a bike trailer. It was grantee that it was a inline trailer. Even the photos fooled me. Picked it up and it still looked like a in line. Got home and wanted to update some things and found out it is not a in line trailer at all. It wasn't the sellers fault, he had papers showing it was a in line trailer.
It came out in the end, the trailer is great.

There are guys selling knock off Champion bodies on ebay. They got hold of a Champion body and used it as a "plug" to build a mold from and are knocking out exact copies. Motor Trike is smart enough to know this can and is happening and are not going to sell anyone a body unless they can prove their trike is wrecked. Its easy to prove by just sending some pics of the damaged body. I got this direct from Jeff Vey several years ago.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png