CV boots

Jun 23, 2012
Punta Gorda FL
Have to replace a cv boot on my RS 2008 trike kit on 2004 Goldwing.
What vw boots are used on this Kit? Left outer one is blowing grease out. Boots seem hard as a rock, Maybe I should replace them all. Thank you for any help.

JW Miller

Have to replce a cv boot on my RS 2008 trike kit on 2004 Goldwing. What vw boots are used on this Kit? Left outer one is blowing grease out. Boots seem hard as a rock, Maybe I should replace them all. Thank you for any help. JW Miller

Don't know about your Goldwing, :Shrug: But i do know they make split CV boots for cars.. Ive used them a few times, Beats taking the whole axel apartThumbUp

Have to replace a cv boot on my RS 2008 trike kit on 2004 Goldwing.
What vw boots are used on this Kit? Left outer one is blowing grease out. Boots seem hard as a rock, Maybe I should replace them all. Thank you for any help.

JW Miller

Called Mike at Trike shop. He solved the problem for me.

O8 RS Uses 70s beetle joints . all four on bike are all the same. Very simple and sturdy For a trike to use.

Hey guys - here's a little more information to go with Sand Piper's post. The joints are Volkswagen-based, and are "flat-sided" joints that make changing a boot a pretty simple job. Just be sure to use grease designed for CV joints - regular ole moly-b can cause havoc with the boots.

Boot part number: 113-501-149
CV joint: 113-501-331

Jim

Hey guys - here's a little more information to go with Sand Piper's post. The joints are Volkswagen-based, and are "flat-sided" joints that make changing a boot a pretty simple job. Just be sure to use grease designed for CV joints - regular ole moly-b can cause havoc with the boots.

Jim

Good information Jim, thanks for sharing that.

Jim

Jim are those the same numbers I would use on my 2015 HTS?

Thanks!

Update CV boots

Good news I did not have to replace any boots. all four boots had no metal tie rap straps on them. Bought heavy duty auto plastic tie raps at auto supply store and installed on the boots. 200 miles so far and no more leaks.
Wonder why only one leaked.
I am sure small leakage was so minor on that one that I do not have to repack it. How is that for luck!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png