SC FXR trike build in Northern Cali

Apr 18, 2011
Penngrove Ca
Hello all. I am new to the board and new to the word of trikes, but not bikes at all! I was in a car accident on March 18th 2006 that left me paralyzed from the waist down at the age of 19. I was very much into riding before my accident, got my first dirtbike at the age of 8 and started racing untill the day I was hurt. I had street bikes from 15 on. I loved them and was very upset when I thought I may never be able to ride again. About this time last year my friend Greg and I decied to start building me a trike so I could get back on the road. Greg is an die hard FXR guy and had a built SC FXR sitting in his shop that had no home. So I got that bike and tore it down and this is where it all begins!
1303235177.jpg

That is what I started with after Greg and I tore down a cherry FXR! It became time to start ordering parts and figuring out where to go with this project. I did not want a trike with a big rake, Im not really into that, so short and stalky was the look I was going for. The front end that is used is from a Harley FXDX, the rear end is a Mystery Design chrome and polised unit and mounted to that are 18"x10" American Racing wheels wraped in ME880 300's.
1303234902.jpg

1303235123.jpg

1303235040.jpg

Next thing to think about was what to use for power? I really wanted to go with a 140" Ultima but at that time did not have to cash to go for it. Greg had a 120" Ultima case sitting in his shop with almost everything to put it together, so a 120 it is. Bought the rest of the parts to put it all together and in the trike it went. For a tranny we wanted something that was going to be able to hold some power and did not want to go with a stock Harley tranny. I made a call down to a local custom chopper shop and they made a call to Baker and 4 weeks later I was the first cusomter off the assembly line to have a Baker F5R tarnsmission. Being paralyzed we knew we had to have a tranny with reverse because we knew I couldnt push it back wards.
1303235011.jpg

1303234988.jpg

I wanted to find a front wheel that was close to matching my rear wheels(not really into unmatched wheels), and the RC components "Nirto" was a pretty close match. For the seat I went with a Mustang seat, I just love the way they feel.
1303234985.jpg

The trike is now pretty much done, there are a few odd and ends to get finished, I need to have the wheely bar attached(this thing does not like the front wheel being on the ground, and its also used as my wheelchair rack). I need to wrap my pipe and she is pretty much ready to rock. I will have more updated pictures soon. I wanted to say thank you to my buddie Greg for getting this thing going and getting me back on the road, you have no idea of the sense of freedom you have given me, and the guys down at the shop that got it all wired up and all the odds and ends done.
1303234875.jpg

1303234848.jpg

We are so very proud of you for accomplishing this! Congrats and welcome from the Great State of Texas! We trust that we can answer any questions you may have later, but you might turn out to be one of our 'brain trust'! Again, welcome!

Next thing to think about was what to use for power? I really wanted to go with a 140" Ultima but at that time did not have to cash to go for it. Greg had a 120" Ultima case sitting in his shop with almost everything to put it together, so a 120 it is. Bought the rest of the parts to put it all together and in the trike it went. For a tranny we wanted something that was going to be able to hold some power and did not want to go with a stock Harley tranny. I made a call down to a local custom chopper shop and they made a call to Baker and 4 weeks later I was the first cusomter off the assembly line to have a Baker F5R tarnsmission. Being paralyzed we knew we had to have a tranny with reverse because we knew I couldnt push it back wards.

I wanted to find a front wheel that was close to matching my rear wheels(not really into unmatched wheels), and the RC components "Nirto" was a pretty close match. For the seat I went with a Mustang seat, I just love the way they feel.

The trike is now pretty much done, there are a few odd and ends to get finished, I need to have the wheely bar attached(this thing does not like the front wheel being on the ground, and its also used as my wheelchair rack). I need to wrap my pipe and she is pretty much ready to rock. I will have more updated pictures soon. I wanted to say thank you to my buddie Greg for getting this thing going and getting me back on the road, you have no idea of the sense of freedom you have given me, and the guys down at the shop that got it all wired up and all the odds and ends done.

Nice Job welcome aboard. You should be VERY proud.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png