Ultima Frame

Apr 4, 2015
Holbrook, AZ, USA
As I build this trike from an Ultima frame and am having problems with the rake questions, I was looking to find the information on my frame. Being that I registered the bike in Las Vegas in 2004 I don't have or can't find the MSO. How can I get in touch with someone at Ultima? I figured by my VIN they could tell me stretch, rake and etc. Please help and thanks in advance.

Wish I knew what to tell you to help, but, I'm at a loss. I'm sure someone will chime in with the info you need. You might consider pm'ing Bazooka .. he's the resident rake man and may just have what you need to know.

Rake

As I build this trike from an Ultima frame and am having problems with the rake questions, I was looking to find the information on my frame. Being that I registered the bike in Las Vegas in 2004 I don't have or can't find the MSO. How can I get in touch with someone at Ultima? I figured by my VIN they could tell me stretch, rake and etc. Please help and thanks in advance.
I was told by reliable Harley people that the rake on a Ultra is 26 degrees and a tri glide is 29.25 degrees Trikes I have built and triple trees I have gone about 32 degrees to 33 degrees and added two inches to the tubes Hope this a help:)

I was told by reliable Harley people that the rake on a Ultra is 26 degrees and a tri glide is 29.25 degrees Trikes I have built and triple trees I have gone about 32 degrees to 33 degrees and added two inches to the tubes Hope this a help:)

I have an Ultima wide tire frame that was originally a softail style (Fat Basted Kit) bike that I have now added a mystery design trike kit with IRS. It came with a SS 113 engine and I've now added a Baker 5 speed with reverse. The reason I wanted to know how to get in touch with Ultima is so they could give me the lowdown on this frame. I'm pretty sure that it had a 2 inch stretch in the backbone and maybe in the down tube with a 34 or 38 degree neck. This is so I can get a grip on the fix for changing the rake so I am able to steer without a fight. Thanks in advance for your help.

A lot will depend on what style and length forks you will be using along with what front tire. If I had all of that I can assist you in your choice of rake.

A lot will depend on what style and length forks you will be using along with what front tire. If I had all of that I can assist you in your choice of rake.

Crazy week, apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I have 21" X 2.25" front tire and 18" X 9" rears. Original bike was the same front tire but a 18" by 6" rear. I had been thinking of making that original rear tire the front tire, but was trying to get the steering working first. My forks fully extended (hanging while bike is jacked up) are 31" from bottom of the upper triple tree to center of the axle. If you need any more info please let me know. Thanks in advance for your help.

This is an Ultima wide tire frame that ran a 200 mm (6") tire when it was a bike. I believe it had a 34 degree rake. Thanks for your help.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png