'05 Venture Royal Star Trike

Currently at National Powersport in Concord, New Hampshire. $250 down to hold it. Being serviced. Last call was to replace rear shock (stock or trike kit...not sure). Has to be CUSTOM BUILT(?). Anyone have experience with this particular bike or kit??? This belonged to Jonesy from Springfield, Mass.

Attachments

• 0809191533.jpg
    0809191533.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 327
If you are asking about the bike itself, I owned a 2005 Royal Star and it was a wonderful bike. The V-4 engine is ultra-smooth and has plenty of power. They are liquid cooled which translates into: you can ride it hard fully packed with two people all day and it doesn't even begin to get hot. I think they would make a great trike.

Just did some research here on TrikeTalk and found the following:

Jonesy was a member who posted on TrikeTalk from the year 2010.

The bike is an ‘05 Yamaha Venture

The trike kit is a 2010 Triwing kit

See this: Under the TrikeTalk Forum “Yamaha Trikes”, thread: “Opinions on the Triwing Conversion”, date 9/20/15, 9:40am, post #5. It says he is happy with the kit but having a problem with the airbags - had replacement - problem with it too.

Just did some research here on TrikeTalk and found the following:

Jonesy was a member who posted on TrikeTalk from the year 2010.

The bike is an ‘05 Yamaha Venture

The trike kit is a 2010 Triwing kit

See this: Under the TrikeTalk Forum “Yamaha Trikes”, thread: “Opinions on the Triwing Conversion”, date 9/20/15, 9:40am, post #5. It says he is happy with the kit but having a problem with the airbags - had replacement - problem with it too.

Jonsey was a friend, my wife and I are friendswith his wife Linda. I can tell you that Jonsey and a friend of his built this trike and it was done right. From what I can remember it uses the stock center mount shock and two air bag shocks. I believe he replaced the stock shock some time back.

Jonsey was a friend, my wife and I are friendswith his wife Linda. I can tell you that Jonsey and a friend of his built this trike and it was done right. From what I can remember it uses the stock center mount shock and two air bag shocks. I believe he replaced the stock shock some time back.

OK, just rode the Jonesy Trike 170 miles back to Ballston Spa, NY from National Powerhouse in Concord, NH. Rides like a hardtail and steers like a truck. I assume the airbags are shot/gone. Dealer replaced the mono-shock. Rear cowl is loose. I have reached out to his wife Linda...

Attachments

• 0809191533.jpg
    0809191533.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 193
do the air bags hold air? if so they are working, maybe to much air pressure. soild axel trikes are hard riding, not much you can do about it. a rake kit for the front end can help with the steering.

Check rear tire pressure too. If the rear tire pressure is too high it rides a lot rougher, and combined with high air pressure makes it even worse. Also if the air shock is high, it puts more pressure on the front tire making it harder to steer even with a rake kit.

I have a GL1500 with a CSC kit that uses a straight axle, coil over shocks on each side in the back and an air shock in the center. With 24 pounds in the rear tires, and the air shock adjusted correctly, it isn't that bad and the front end is lighter so steering isn't as hard. Higher tire pressures will also cause bump steer when the rear tires go over uneven surfaces, the handlebars will go back and forth.

Watch for our annual trike rally in the Catskills next year, we have been staying at the Acra Resort in Acra, NY so not too far of a ride. It's usually the weekend before Labor Day and runs Thursday through Sunday. I have a seasonal site in Athens for my camper so know the area and lead most of the rides.

Appears rake is stock, which makes trike more difficult to steer. With E-Z steer, handlebars turn easily. Still takes experience to handle curves at high speeds. Be patient, folks have lost their lives by driving straight off the road.

I had an 08 GL1800 with Champion solic axle and when driving it home from Tennessee with the wife on pillion, the trike was MISERABLE. The guy I bought it from weighed probably 400 lbs and I never thought about it but the GL1800 has air shocks that were set to pretty close to max pressure. Once I thought about how we bounced into the air on each bump in the road, I set the pressure down to a normal one for two-up and it rode pretty decent. The solid axle will always ride a bit harder than independent and we now have a Roadsmith conversion for that reason. For the driver, it doesn't make a ton of difference but my wife got a sore tail on bumpy roads (like coming across IH20 in Louisiana)!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscopicker

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscopicker
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png