2008 Stallion rear air bag suspension help

Greg,

Are you sure it's the air bags? I had a problem with mine leaking down and it turned out to be the compressor. Rick

I had it in at my mechanic for a brake lite issue and while it was there I asked them to look at the air ride while I sat in the trike up in the air so I could operate the air ride. They sprayed everything with soapy water and found that the left air bag has a tiny leak so since it is a 2008 I figure I should replace both air bags together.

I had it in at my mechanic for a brake lite issue and while it was there I asked them to look at the air ride while I sat in the trike up in the air so I could operate the air ride. They sprayed everything with soapy water and found that the left air bag has a tiny leak so since it is a 2008 I figure I should replace both air bags together.

I haven't priced the air bags at motor trike yet but I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket that is the same size and fit that might be cheaper? My issue is I'm trying very hard to live on Social Security Disability. It's not easy to live on $23,000 a year.

Greg

Motor Trike Air Suspension Air Bag Replacement (triketalk.com)

Greg here is a posting for replacing the bags on a Motor Trike. They are pretty close to the same bag. Stallion is owned by Motor Trike.

I had started to read that a couple days ago but they were talking about HD trikes and other trikes and not Stallions. They are all talking about a "Motor Trike Kit". Is that what we have on our Stallions? Are you telling me that the 800lb Sleeve Air Spring - 1/8" Port Air Bag is a good replacement for the Stallion? Do you by any chance know what the price is for the air bags at Motor Trike?

Thanks for your time,

Greg

Sorry that's all I know. Being that Motor Trike built Stallion I would guess at least the system is designed the same. I have not changed the bags on my wife's Stallion so I do know. But it should give you a place to start and the changing of the bags should be very similar being that the suspension it similar.

Sorry that's all I know. Being that Motor Trike built Stallion I would guess at least the system is designed the same. I have not changed the bags on my wife's Stallion so I do know. But it should give you a place to start and the changing of the bags should be very similar being that the suspension it similar.
g

Thank you for all of your help.

Greg

Welcome to our group. take the bag off and see if it has a number or manufacture. there are a lot of companies that make air bags. i replaced a set on my venture and they were bags for air ride suspension cab on an 18 wheeler. good place to start is with MT.

good luck

Dragon

[=

Welcome to our group. take the bag off and see if it has a number or manufacture. there are a lot of companies that make air bags. i replaced a set on my venture and they were bags for air ride suspension cab on an 18 wheeler. good place to start is with MT.

good luck

Dragon

[=

Taking the bag off and even just looking at them is easier said than done. I'm semi disabled and can't look under the trike, the only way I can have a look is to have my mechanic raise it up to see them and I'm sure I'll have to pay something for that.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png