DK Custom PROJECT TRI-GLIDE Report w/ Lots of Pics

Kevin,I see you are offering a new rear brake lever that's lower and a little longer.
Is this something you developed or an existing design?

Kevin,I see you are offering a new rear brake lever that's lower and a little longer.
Is this something you developed or an existing design?

Most of the products on our website are parts that we design and manufacture.

The extended brake pedals are NOT one of those items. We saw that there were already some good options out there. Ones that we use and really like, so that's what is on our website.

Kevin

Most of the products on our website are parts that we design and manufacture.
The extended brake pedals are NOT one of those items. We saw that there were already some good options out there. Ones that we use and really like, so that's what is on our website.
Kevin

Not a problem,Kevin. I just saw one,in black,on a Street Glide. He mentioned that it was purchased from DK Customs.
I put it on my list of future purchases.

Mary made up a safety tether for the Tour-Pak...it is there in case the OEM one fails, the top does not keep going and break at the hinges.

She used a lightweight paracord-

Safety%20Tether%201_zpsocthwsmy.jpg

Sewed it around a washer with rounded edges-

Safety%20Tether%202_zpsouwatb3r.jpg

Safety%20Tether%203_zpsxzao2nc5.jpg

Measured it so that it was just a touch longer than the factory tether, then sewed it around a ring on the other end-

Safety%20Tether%204_zpshpbh1nlz.jpg

The washer side of the safety tether went on the stud that was already there for the backrest-

Safety%20Tether%205_zpsnprfxip0.jpg

The ring side of the safety tether is secured by one of the screws holding the factory tether to the bottom of the Tour Pak-

Safety%20Tether%206_zpsk92yfvno.jpg

All in place-

Safety%20Tether%207_zps49qenagj.jpg

I hope the factory tether never fails, but if it does, we now have a back-up. :)

Kevin

Mary made up a safety tether for the Tour-Pak...it is there in case the OEM one fails, the top does not keep going and break at the hinges.

She used a lightweight paracord-

Safety%20Tether%201_zpsocthwsmy.jpg

Sewed it around a washer with rounded edges-

Safety%20Tether%202_zpsouwatb3r.jpg

Safety%20Tether%203_zpsxzao2nc5.jpg

Measured it so that it was just a touch longer than the factory tether, then sewed it around a ring on the other end-

Safety%20Tether%204_zpshpbh1nlz.jpg

The washer side of the safety tether went on the stud that was already there for the backrest-

Safety%20Tether%205_zpsnprfxip0.jpg

The ring side of the safety tether is secured by one of the screws holding the factory tether to the bottom of the Tour Pak-

Safety%20Tether%206_zpsk92yfvno.jpg

All in place-

Safety%20Tether%207_zps49qenagj.jpg

I hope the factory tether never fails, but if it does, we now have a back-up. :)

Kevin

Very smart idea. I have bunches of paracord. I think I'll copy her.

Here are a couple of pics of the proto #5 I've been running. Bunch of weird angles to it, but it catches the air really well and directs in onto the motor.

When sitting on the bike/trike, only about 1/2" of it is visible.

Proto5b_zpsmnst99ll.jpg

Proto5a_zpshlfwdqu0.jpg

Kevin

Can't wait for this to go for sale. I'm buying immediately.

Very smart idea. I have bunches of paracord. I think I'll copy her.

Yeah, this was something I saw years ago...made sense to me, just as a safety feature. Read of more than a few TP's getting ruined because of a broken OEM cable or tether....and it just a few pennies and a bit of time. ThumbUp

Kevin

filter relocation

You don't talk much about your filter relocation kit and dual oil cooler kit. What will it do for factory warranty and also extended warranty. Could you post some close up pictures of it. hose routing of the factory cooler to the second cooler, hose routing to the filter ext. I think it is a great idea but I am concerned about the oil pumps ability to push oil through all the extra hoses. I am not discrediting your stuff in any way, I think its great but I have to make sure in my mind it will work before I take a chance on any new product

Gerald martin

PS I purchased your external breather kit and it works fantastic. with a little thought I was able to make the hoses almost invisible while still using my stock freewheeler air cleaner

You don't talk much about your filter relocation kit and dual oil cooler kit. What will it do for factory warranty and also extended warranty. Could you post some close up pictures of it. hose routing of the factory cooler to the second cooler, hose routing to the filter ext. I think it is a great idea but I am concerned about the oil pumps ability to push oil through all the extra hoses. I am not discrediting your stuff in any way, I think its great but I have to make sure in my mind it will work before I take a chance on any new product

Gerald martin

PS I purchased your external breather kit and it works fantastic. with a little thought I was able to make the hoses almost invisible while still using my stock freewheeler air cleaner

Gerald, I just installed the Dk Custom Products "Oil Filter Relocation Kit" on my 2013 Trike with the 120r crate motor and my oil pressure stayed the same before and after the installation. I have about 50 - 55 lbs of pressure and it remained the same. I authored a write up regarding my installation experience if you are interested. It is titled "DK Custom Products Oil Filter Relocation" thread. If you do your own maintenance it is almost a must have!!

You will also be happy with the quality of the product if you choose to purchase. Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Roger

Gerald martin

Hi Gerald,

I've been asked quite a few times to share more info on these. I just finished a post with quite a bit of information. I think you'll find it useful. Here's the link to it-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/31773-Oil-Filter-Relocation-amp-Dual-Cool-Oil-Cooler

Feel free to write or call with any questions.

Kevin

The Big Blue Pearl color is stunning in direct sunlight, but if no light is shining directly on it, it is just dies into a very drab blue.

Today we had a local guy, George Perkins, add some pinstripes to it...waking it up a bit.

It is still drying, so the pics below are not cleaned up, still has some of his guideline marks on it.

In the next couple of days we should have some nice pics of it.

A little goo-be-gone and some fishing line....

PS%203_zpsqfei7coe.jpg

...and the tank emblems are removed.

PS%201_zpschaxjj41.jpg

A bit more work and all the adhesive is removed.

PS%204_zps0kgt3ew3.jpg

New tank logo-

PS%206_zpszcakzdlv.jpg

George, working on the top side of the tank-

PS%205_zpspnpzoqw1.jpg

Fairing-

PS%209_zpsfgucjtc0.jpg

Working on the trunk-

PS%207_zpscmduq5c8.jpg

Trunk finished-

PS%208_zpsieypqmbt.jpg

The front fender, rear fenders and sides of the Tour-Pak got a little work also.

Will post more pics up after it is cleaned up.

Kevin

Kevin, did you use a heat gun first to soften up the tank emblem glue? Mine is a 2012, is the tank smooth under the emblem?
Looks like you did just enough to break it up. I like it lots.

Kevin, did you use a heat gun first to soften up the tank emblem glue? Mine is a 2012, is the tank smooth under the emblem?
Looks like you did just enough to break it up. I like it lots.

We did not use a heat gun. Used goo-b-gone, and that loosened it up pretty good.

Yes, it was perfectly smooth and no imperfections in the paint or clear underneath the emblem.

I have removed a few tank emblems over the years. Was really surprised that this one was metal. Every other one I've removed (that I recall) has been plastic.

That looks really nice!

Kevin, that looks real sharp . Just enough to highlight things. I really like the script on the tank.
Wayne

I like it! Nice job.

I like it too Kevin...not too over the top.

Thank you guys. I relied a lot on Mary and George's input...if it had been left up to me, I probably would have gone over the top.

Well, not probably, I would have...just take a look at my other two current rides (which I did all the design choices on). Their both pretty bright/loud. :laugh:

SoftailBeforeAfter3_zps46cd5649.jpg

Sportster%20Ice%20Cream_zpspeuuf1mn.jpg

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png