Alec Baldwin debacle

They admitted the pistol was used to shoot tin cans earlier. I've no doubt a live round was left in it. A blank looks a whole lot different on the business end.

The Armorer should have checked and cleared all guns after lunch right?

How does a real gun with live ammo even make its way into the prop area?

I do not put much trust in conspiracies, BUT Mr Baldwin is not very well liked so did someone set him up? HMMMMMMMM

Being the Devils Advocate .....A wad cuter will/does looks a lot like a blank cartridge...:Shrug:

My understanding is live rounds do not fit in a prop gun, if that rings true a gun with live ammo does NOT belong on a movie set

Also , who owned the said weapon? This needs to be answered for sure

I don't believe any of them on that set would even have any idea of what a wad cutter is. Plain and simple, a young lady died because of a lack of safety protocols.

9mm_blanks.jpg

From Fox News .................

On Tuesday, Santa Fe County District Attorney, Mary Carmack-Altweis, "took issue with descriptions of the firearm used in the incident" as a prop gun.

"It was a legit gun," she told the New York Times. "It was an antique-era appropriate gun."

Fox News Digital spoke to armorer and founder and president of Dark Thirty Film Services, LLC, Bryan W. Carpenter, who explained the term.

"The term prop gun is a term that's been used incorrectly," he noted. "A true prop gun is a gun that's made out of rubber. Either soft rubber or hard rubber, and/or plastic, and they're used when you don't need a real gun.

"In other words, it's not going to be firing blanks," he explained. "You use them for stunt performers who are going to be coming through a window, or the gun's going to go flying across the floor in a scene, or they're having a fight scene where they're going to be hitting each other with the gun, or for rehearsals where a gun is not needed."

Someone commented it is the ultimate responsibility of the person holding/firing the weapon to ensure weapon is safe. Here we have a man most critical of the right to bear arms, and the NRA breaking all protocols with a side arm with out personally ensuring the basic safety of all. Will this guy with the best of the best slick lawyers available, I think not. What goes around comes around and this arrogant Hollywood fool lives with what he did.

Someone commented it is the ultimate responsibility of the person holding/firing the weapon to ensure weapon is safe. Here we have a man most critical of the right to bear arms, and the NRA breaking all protocols with a side arm with out personally ensuring the basic safety of all. Will this guy with the best of the best slick lawyers available, I think not. What goes around comes around and this arrogant Hollywood fool lives with what he did.

When the dust clears ....The lowest paid stagehand will take the fall....:(...

Also said several hundred live rounds were recovered. Makes no sense. Why would there be such a need when in this day and age muzzle flash and sound can be edited in. I can understand the need for an actual antique 6 shooter. What I cannot understand is as they were simply rehearsing, not filming, why not use a rubber or plastic hand gun.

Also said several hundred live rounds were recovered. Makes no sense. Why would there be such a need when in this day and age muzzle flash and sound can be edited in. I can understand the need for an actual antique 6 shooter. What I cannot understand is as they were simply rehearsing, not filming, why not use a rubber or plastic hand gun.

Do you remember on the rifle range When the fire safety officer in the tower yells 'Ready on the left....And before he could say ready in the right some knucklehead lets off a round....And then the whole range is shut down till they can find the knucklehead...

How about ...After we are all done shooting...And when they do the no brass or ammo inspection ...And when another knucklehead opens the action' A live round fly out..

And then there's the one real idiot who takes a live round into the barracks for a souvenir.......Guns are smart....Some people are Stupid....:gah:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png