Another dealer closes?

Mykneesbehurtin

1500+ Posts
Apr 27, 2016
Dayton Ohio
As of Dec 1st 2020 Richmond Cycle Center in Richmond Ind will be called Shade Cycle,doing service work and parts.I know that the owner George passed a few years ago and his wife took over,so just wondering if she retired and let the franchise go.I know Posse Rider has bought a bunch of bikes from here so maybe he has more info.

As of Dec 1st 2020 Richmond Cycle Center in Richmond Ind will be called Shade Cycle,doing service work and parts.I know that the owner George passed a few years ago and his wife took over,so just wondering if she retired and let the franchise go.I know Posse Rider has bought a bunch of bikes from here so maybe he has more info.

Sign of the times i guess.....?

WOW ,just heard from Fearless about this. Have not been there for a bit , as not been riding. Anyway, not sure what happened, but they had been in business for over 50 yrs in Richmond, starting closer into town. Not sure when they moved near the I-70 exit. Good news is it looks like Greg (their son) is going to still run a shop there. Shade is their last name. One of the most honest & competent SM I have ever had. Only 1 yr left on the HD warranty. Hope he can still do that. After that I will prob get an ESP from Jim Palmer.

You know the old saying "All Good Things Come To An End " I had already made up my mind, this 20 is my last bike. Turned 76 in Nov. & tired of always redoing all the upgrades to make it decent. So I have already had DK axle retainer kit installed. At only 8500 to 9000 miles there were already scuff marks on the HD plate. I had this done as we still ride 10 to 15000 a year. PA susp.frt & rear And several other things. the 20 with the M8 is great. I won't need another new bike.

They were a very fair dealer to buy New bikes from also. Always a good trade-in allowance & fair on the new price. I will continue to go there. All the best to Louise in her retirement.

WOW ,just heard from Fearless about this. Have not been there for a bit , as not been riding. Anyway, not sure what happened, but they had been in business for over 50 yrs in Richmond, starting closer into town. Not sure when they moved near the I-70 exit. Good news is it looks like Greg (their son) is going to still run a shop there. Shade is their last name. One of the most honest & competent SM I have ever had. Only 1 yr left on the HD warranty. Hope he can still do that. After that I will prob get an ESP from Jim Palmer.

You know the old saying "All Good Things Come To An End " I had already made up my mind, this 20 is my last bike. Turned 76 in Nov. & tired of always redoing all the upgrades to make it decent. So I have already had DK axle retainer kit installed. At only 8500 to 9000 miles there were already scuff marks on the HD plate. I had this done as we still ride 10 to 15000 a year. PA susp.frt & rear And several other things. the 20 with the M8 is great. I won't need another new bike.

They were a very fair dealer to buy New bikes from also. Always a good trade-in allowance & fair on the new price. I will continue to go there.

According to the article my buddy read they wont be doing warranty work or new bike sales,but still doing maintenance and repair work.I bought two bikes from George both from his old shop down the same street,i always enjoyed talking with George and him and Louise were hard core riders,he had many of his personal bikes on the floor.He would put them on display once they hit 100,000 miles,they will be missed.

Talked with Greg yesterday. Kind of a deal HD is doing & making it hard on small dealers. The shop will be staying in business, but with what HD is trying to do, it is no wonder some dealers chose to part ways. Louise is still heading up the shop. Greg said they will still be working & doing services, but no HD warranty. Will do ESP that are not Harley. I will continue to have them as my go-to service place ,unless it is to be a warranty repair. As soon as the HD warranty expires I will get an ESP from Jim Palmer, and have Shades do the work. :clapping::clapping:

Just curious, is he going independent or still selling other brands? Can't blame him from bailing on HD, but I read other brands are making it difficult, go figure. In these days of slow m/c sales, one would think brand names would make it way easier on dealers vs hard core. How about your business Zook, good, bad, or somewhere in between? I understand if you'd rather not say.

Just curious, is he going independent or still selling other brands? Can't blame him from bailing on HD, but I read other brands are making it difficult, go figure. In these days of slow m/c sales, one would think brand names would make it way easier on dealers vs hard core. How about your business Zook, good, bad, or somewhere in between? I understand if you'd rather not say.

Did not say anything about selling other brands & I didn't ask him.

Harleys new business plan is to limit production close plants cut jobs' let some dealers go by the wayside, And push the remaining dealers to sell more used Harleys so once the glut of used ones is sold they can keep the limited supply of new one at list or over....

This isn't speculation this is what the new CEO has said last year.....

Harleys new business plan is to limit production close plants cut jobs' let some dealers go by the wayside, And push the remaining dealers to sell more used Harleys so once the glut of used ones is sold they can keep the limited supply of new one at list or over....

This isn't speculation this is what the new CEO has said last year.....

Much like their plan from the 80's and 90's when you had to wait for a new ride.

well this should make our bikes worth more, bought a 78 shovel in 79 for 3500. sold in 98 for 6000. that was when you had to sign for a new one.Bought a 2001 for 14000. sold it for 5000. in 2015, that when the show rooms were full.

The virus 🦠 has something to do with it...But nature is the biggest cause AKA Aging is the main Culprit...With price a factor also... The motorcycle is dead to young people...👎

And once again it seems HD Corporate has NOT learned its lessons from the RUB owners nor the Yuppies who had cash. The young today have little expendable cash and could care less about owning a murder cycle:p

I just read today that Heritage Harley in concord N H closed late this fall ,Green Mountain Harley closed in Burlington Vermont , and there's talk of Macdermotts Harley in fort Ann N Y closing . Not many left in are area.

I just read today that Heritage Harley in concord N H closed late this fall ,Green Mountain Harley closed in Burlington Vermont , and there's talk of Macdermotts Harley in fort Ann N Y closing . Not many left in are area.

I wonder how many Harley dealers in an area are owned by just one person .....I know the only two dealerships in my area are owned by one person..

we have one that own's 4 They jack up the price of part's I bought a new m8 long filter at a dealer in N H $11. they wanted $16.00 TELL THEM F U they think they got you by the ball's many dealers on the internet 15 - 20 % discount free shipping

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png