Stallion Overheating

Does the fan come on when you turn the A/C on? The 3 relays are the same relay, they are interchangeable. Sorry I do not remember which does what. I just kept swapping them out until I got it to work. Last choice maybe the fan itself has gone bad. You can un-plug it at the bottom and run jumper power to it to see if it will spin up. Keep us updated.

Does the fan come on when you turn the A/C on? The 3 relays are the same relay, they are interchangeable. Sorry I do not remember which does what. I just kept swapping them out until I got it to work. Last choice maybe the fan itself has gone bad. You can un-plug it at the bottom and run jumper power to it to see if it will spin up. Keep us updated.

Fan does not come on when a/c is turned on. I have two or three of these sensors go out in the past, so I am familiar with how they act. My wife and I traveled over 150 miles yesterday by stopping and letting it cool off every 20-30 miles. I was pretty amazed with how far it will go without fan cooling.

Thanks for the response.

Update on my fan problem. I have a small 12 volt battery. I removed the fan relay from it's socket and connected the battery to the ground and the hot wire to the fan circuit on the relay recepticle. The fan came on like a siren!!!!. The old relay looked as if the terminal going to the fan had overheated. I picked up a replacement at O'Reilly, $16.21 incl. tax. I would like to know what component the remaining two relays operate. In the picture below the red circle is where the relays are stowed under the crossmember. In the other picture the three relays are pulled out for access.

Thanks Ed and Ted for your help. <br />
<font color="silver"><font size="1">- - - Updated - - -</font></font>

Attachments

• Fan relay 008.JPG
    Fan relay 008.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Stallion Fan Relay 10 Oct '16 002.JPG
    Stallion Fan Relay 10 Oct '16 002.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 142
  • Fan relay 008.JPG
    Fan relay 008.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Sorry about double posting the two pictures above. I did try to remove one but time ran out, we only have 10 minutes to edit. I also resized the pictures to just over 100kb, but one of them still comes out too large. Request admin remove one of the double post. Thanks.

Has anyone had any issues with their Stallion overheating? I put a couple hunddred miles on mine today coming back from a Rally and noticed the heat gauge was on hot. Water is good, fuse is good and no plastic is caught up in the fan. I am thinking that it may be the relay switch? I can pull over and let it kool for 30 min and then on my way again pulling my trailer and after 10 miles on the freeway it heats up again. Any suggestions? Of course this happens on a Sunday with no one open to do any consulting with.

any one know the part # number for the heat temp switch behind the right side rear wheel on the water line ,as i'am sure mine is now bad and want it in hand to be ready to change it..

Just as quick to order it on line from them. You will get it in a couple of days. I ordered 2 so I would have a spare. I tried NAPA but they could not match it up. I did get one from them that worked well enough to get it home from Canada when mine went out. The temp range was not good enough the fan kept coming on and not running long enough.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneRider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneRider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png