2017 Freewheeler has condensation in the speedometer. Anyone else?

Well, after a beautiful Easter ride & family dinner, my good luck continues.

My dealer, Doc's HD, called this morning & said the MoCo approved replacement of my speedometer under warranty. They have a new unit ordered & will contact me when it arrives to schedule an appointment, which they said would be a 45-60 minute job.

I am happy with this dealership, they went to bat for me & followed up.:cool:

Congrats!

My speedometer developed some top to bottom streaks last summer. I decided to do nothing and now I'm off warranty. Will live with it and maybe go aftermarket, or wait for trade fever in the future.(Thinking)

My speedometer developed some top to bottom streaks last summer. I decided to do nothing and now I'm off warranty. Will live with it and maybe go aftermarket, or wait for trade fever in the future.(Thinking)

Please post what aftermarket unit you find... I have not found one.

Will do!......but right now it's not really high on the to do list. It actually has become less of an annoyance after the first couple of months.....maybe I'm just settling.

If I had been able to read my LCD display, I probably would have let it go. Mine got pretty bad & it took 6 hours to dry out, then it would do it again.

If I had been able to read my LCD display, i probably would have let it go. Mine got pretty bad & it took 6 hours to dry out, then it would do it again.

Yea, my small streaks are no way as bad as the condensation that obscures your display. Yours was a definate no brainer replacement. Glad they quickly came through for you!

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO
Back in the days 60s / 70s, I worked for Suzuki assembling bikes etc. One in a while, we would get units with condensation in the instruction. We would take hair dryer on low to clear it out. Most of the time it worked. I cannot speak to the gauges of today. However, it just drying electronics.

My Dealer called today & my new speedometer is in. I will stop by next week to get it installed.:cool:

That's if & when it ever quits raining in STL. We got 2-4" of rain in 24 hours. This is also the time of year the dealerships, around here anyway, are booked solid for weeks.

The speedo unit was replaced today, under warranty at Doc's HD. This is a great dealership if your ever in the STL & in need of service.

If anyone is interested, the new speedo unit was $283.

The speedo unit was replaced today, under warranty at Doc's HD. This is a great dealership if your ever in the STL & in need of service.

If anyone is interested, the new speedo unit was $283.

Wondering what was the total hours involved in remove and replacement, and Doc's hourly rate? Just to get a feel for total out-of-pocket cost for a no warranty replacement.

Wondering what was the total hours involved in remove and replacement, and Doc's hourly rate? Just to get a feel for total out-of-pocket cost for a no warranty replacement.

They put on the service ticket .6 hours for labor. They also checked tire pressure, lubed all hinges/pivot points & adjusted my parking brake, all N/C. I think they charge $110/hour, but they give a 10% Veterans discount on parts & service. Of course, they also transfer the odometer reading to the new speedo & program it to indicate the function of the HD Cool-Flo fan I have. When you toggle the switch, that reads fan off, on or auto in the speedo LCD display.

I forgot to mention to leave the tires alone, as I run 35psi up front & 22psi in both rear.

They put on the service ticket .6 hours for labor. They also checked tire pressure, lubed all hinges/pivot points & adjusted my parking brake, all N/C. I think they charge $110/hour, but they give a 10% Veterans discount on parts & service. Of course, they also transfer the odometer reading to the new speedo & program it to indicate the function of the HD Cool-Flo fan I have. When you toggle the switch, that reads fan off, on or auto in the speedo LCD display.

I forgot to mention to leave the tires alone, as I run 35psi up front & 22psi in both rear.

Thanks! That's a really nice feature having the Cool-Flo Fan readout displayed in the speedo.

• Thanks
Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png