F4 windshields?

Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
Anyone using a F4 windshield on their RSV? If so, what size are you running? I know the stock windshield is already tall but have heard of folks using a taller F4.

Appreciate any input.

Mine is a Wing but, I've got to comment anyway.
My F4 is the +4 for the Wing. Tinted and vented. Couldn't be happier:pepper:
Easy cleaning w/Windex and paper towels. Rain runs off like water off a ducks back.

When I had my 09 I used the 17.5 in both clear and tinted with the vent. The extra height gave better protection for my wife, cutting down turbulence as well. Loved the vent for the extra air too.

I see F4 now offers a 19.5" tall now too.

Larry

BTW: F4 is just now offering a replacement shield for the Slingshot so I'll be ordering one from them as soon as I determine what size I want

I have the F4 17.5 " with vent and feel it's the best shield I ever had, however if ever I need to purchase another it would be the same shield and height but without the vent. I just never use it summer or winter, I wear a full face helment. I have had it two years now and yes I use paper towels to clean it and it still looks new... To me it's worth the bucks..

thanks for the input. How is it in the rain/fog? My OEM windshield is too tall to see over and in the mornings when I leave work it's covered with dew so lots of wiping down and a few miles of riding to get it completely cleared.

Thinking the windshield is worth the $$ but still undecided about the vent. I have heard several folks have had problems with the windshield cracking around the vents. I know they will replace free, but that is just an inconvenience the will distract from the pleasures of riding.

1. I have not heard of any F4's cracking around the vent?????? Anyway I would not be without the vent!!! It's nice to have air on the face in hot weather. Full disclosure makes me say some water gets though the perimeter of the vent during a hard rain! I put screen in mine to keep the bugs out. Going to look into "sealing" the periphery before I ride this year. Also a piece of clear door edge guard placed on the upper edge of the shield prevents water from coming over the top unless your in a down pour!
2. When the dew point creates the "dew" on most anything sitting outside, this shield is not much different than any other although, as I already stated, water "beads" off quickly at speed!

bit the bullet..

Went ahead and ordered the Tall, clear with vent. Should receive it before my trike is finished. Might even take it with me and swap out before riding trike home.

F4

Anyone using a F4 windshield on their RSV? If so, what size are you running? I know the stock windshield is already tall but have heard of folks using a taller F4.

Appreciate any input.

I'm using the F4 19.5 wide on my 06 RSV/Hannigan. Bought the F4 last fall; put about 2500 miles on it so far. No scratches from washing; this windshield is awesome; worth the extra money. 2 inches taller than stock. No vent. I'm 6' 3" tall.

https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...&product_id=71 Product Code: F4-YRSV19.5WC

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png