Bye Bye Miss American Pie

Playing barefoot in the Kalahari Desert sand! Guess I don't fit the "American Pie" mold.

Playing barefoot in the Kalahari Desert sand! Guess I don't fit the "American Pie" mold.

Nana, you definitely do not. Not sure you fit any mold but your own! (That's a compliment, btw.) Myself, I was 5 years old and mainly knew music through my uncle's little 3-piece jazz band.

Sad, though--the plane crash that took down three rising rock-and-roll musicians.

Was not into music yet.(never really did get in to it) I think I may have purchased 5 records in my life, I was fixing cars. and dreamin of driving.

Do I remember?

I had just graduated from high school and was on a date with my future wife. We were in the car (won't tell you where) on a double when the news broke over the radio.

The girls broke down and the night was eerily quiet.

Valens' "Donna had teens swooning, Holly was a hot as a rockabilly and the Booper had all the guys telling their girls "Oh baby, you know what I like.

Yep! We'll always remember "The Day The Music Died"!

But for us true rednecks, it didn't all die. A little known fact is that Waylon Jennings and Tommy Allsup were two unknown backup musicans from Texas performing with Holly who chartered the flight for the three of them. Jennings felt his tall frame was going to be cramped so he gave his seat to J.P. Richardson and Valens "won" a coin flip with Allsup for the third seat.

Dave

A little known fact is that Waylon Jennings and Tommy Allsup were two unknown backup musicans from Texas performing with Holly who chartered the flight for the three of them. Jennings felt his tall frame was going to be cramped so he gave his seat to J.P. Richardson and Valens "won" a coin flip with Allsup for the third seat.

Wow, I never knew that!

I was a little kid running around the streets in Brooklyn but was a big fan of Rock-N-Roll. I remember hearing some older kids talking about the plane crash.

I was 12. That was the year I got my first Whizzer. It was a basket case, but I did get it together and terrorized the 'hood with it. Later that year I made a tri-power manifold from copper pipe and fittings and two spare carbs. Yeah, she ran a bit rich, LOL.
My sister was 17, and was the one who got me in to Rock 'n Roll, which I still listen to today, 'cept they call 'em oldies now...

I was three years old and living on my grandparents farm in Hartford, Alabama. My grandpa was a small farmer and the kindest gentleman I have ever known. I remember picking tangerines, kumquats, scuppernons and persimmons from his trees and vines. Lord help you if you bit into a not yet quite ripe persimmon!

I was trying to get into all the trouble I could. I could easily hide with 6 brothers and sisters.
I do remember hiding from my parents in a huge snow fort the neighbor kids all built.
Yes, I was a northern Michigan Yankee. I smartened up in 1982 when I moved to Alabama.

I was 7 yrs. old and was trying to learn to ride the bike my dad had put together from junk yard scraps. I sure wished he had made it a three wheeler, I thought my knees and elbows would be raw forever! :eek:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png