Grease U Joints???

Sure wish my 1500 had greaseable ujoints

Roscoe this might help you out. I gathered this information a couple years ago but I expect it is still valid. Hope it works for you...... It's information from a couple different sources I think but it sounds doable.

Jerry

Having just gone through this scenario, I thought I would pass on what I found out.
The yoke/u-joint assembly for all of the 1500's and 1997-2002 Valks are the same part number. Problem is that Honda has not manufactured them for over two years. When a dealer orders them, they are back ordered and then weekly the back-order is updated to the next week.

Honda lost it's vendor that makes them and has tried unsuccessfully to get another vendor under contract.
So what are the 1500, Valk, and trike owners to do?

The stock yoke assembly has a "staked" u-joint meaning there are no c clips or snap rings holding it together. It's a press fit and then staked.

Take your yoke assembly to a drive line service shop and ask for a Spicer 430-9A U-joint and have them machine the yoke to accept the U-joint and use c clips to hold it in. Now you have a replaceable u-joint instead of a waiting for a back ordered assembly

I found specs for the Spicer 430-9A and some more info at Rockford Drive Line (on line). That particular joint has a bearing cap OD of 0.791" and what they call "inside lockup" which is the dimension required between the two yoke ears inside (or what it measures outside to outside of the retainer clip) is 1.315".

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png