Gotta love Texas

Finally !... got to make a short ride today before the weather turns tonight. Mostly sunny, 72* and 7mph wind. Out to Rosa's for a combo nacho lunch then over to the Honda shop to check on new battery for Carla's trike. We have gotten good service from the Bikemaster TrueGel batteries...so far 3 years worth. They had a 2 year warranty. We did have to replace one just shy of the 2 year warranty but that replacement is going on 3 years old now. Recently Carla's trike would show CB Error along with a slightly slower start than normal so new battery coming up. Would hate to get stranded somewhere. Looking forward to our next good weather!

Yup, gonna get yucky again real quick sadly. Oh well, that's TX for ya. In fact, our temp here just north of Hillsboro dropped just shy of 25 deg. once the wind shifted to the nw from the south. Crazy. Down, up, down, up .............. :gah: Bunches of robins and geese all over the place. That means the end of winter is near !

Last edited:
Glad to hear that y'a were able to get some ride time in Jim! Can't beat Rosa's for a good lunch. Michele and I try to do taco Tues when we can :)

I took the trike out as well, pointed in the direction of Elgin. Had a nice BBQ lunch and ride back through Rices crossing on the way back home. It was beautiful today but very windy here.
Did you get Scott anymore Buckyballs ?

It can't be too near...we haven't had the bone-chilling, foggy, pea-soup, nasty weather that hits every year in February just in time for the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo....just like clockwork for that one. Growing up in S.A. we had pyracantha bushes that put on a reddish-orange berry in the winter...the Robins passing through just loved those things. Our yard would be full of Robins...moving around very slowly. Mother always said the berries made them drunk....don't know how accurate that would be but their movements were very sluggish.

Last edited:
Gotta Love Texas

We are headed to Port Aransas, left southern Illinois (about 45 miles east of St Louis) 8:30 am Thursday, right before 4 days of predicted ice storms.

Rain all around here, not on top of us yet, but it sure is damp and about 50*. Still not bad riding weather. Jim

Jim, you'd of been soaked riding around the Dallas area to day. On and off till the sun went down. Then it quit. :gah:At least where I am, I'm below the freeze zone.:clapping:

Gotta Love Texas

Sure hope you made it through OK, AR and MO without issue. The weather up there is not good. Drive safely.

Hit some rain in southern Illinois and other than that just some drizzle here and there. We left a day early to avoid the ice. My buddy that I ride with said the ice started 4or 5 hours after we left. We are safe and sound in Lafayette.

34* here earlier with fog, mist, light rain...BRRRR !!
Now up to 37* with same.
Weather people last night warned of thunderstorms with 60 mph wind and soft-ball sized hail possible on Sunday when front rolls through. They'll probably revise that down for us but Mikey and Clint might get it. The storms seem to intensify just as soon as they get east of Midland.

At least you are above freezing. I can just imagine what a mess 20 would be let alone the loop around the north side of town. Used to hate delivering the Toys R Us store out there in the winter. We were bumping the legal driving clock just trying to do it from Midlothian in good weather let alone having to contend with snow or ice. Who ever engineered the climb at Ranger hill must not drive. :gah:

Yes Ranger Hill is infamous for its steep climb for lots of vehicles. But then I-20 is a general POS between Midland and DFW area. Give us I-10 to San Antonio any day - room to breathe and maneuver and stays in good repair usually.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png