CSC's "FIX" for the TPMS light on the new wing's

Sep 30, 2019
Eaton, Ohio, USA
I received a letter over the weekend that CSC has finally got a fix for the "always on" TPMS light on the 18 and newer wing's. My letter states that I need to setup a time at my dealer and the fix will take about 2.5 hours and takes care of several issues besides the TPMS light. Glad they didn't just forget about us and got this resolved. I don't really care about the TPMS but hated that light on all the time.

Got "fix" done today and it is an impressive fix. Like having a whole new trike! Took dealer about 3 hours to complete the install but shifting is vastly improved in all modes and the TPMS light is out! Good job CSC!

(cross posted in the Honda section)

Thanks for the update, going to have this done on mine as well. Can't stand the shifting issue. Are you able to"aggressively" pull away from a stop with no issues now?

Yes, it really does improve the trike. No more clunking up or down gears while turning corners from fast road to slower road.

I am taking my 2018 DCT in this next week for the "Fix". On a recent long trip it hung in first gear because I took off to fast? I'll be glad to have it fixed once and for all.

Bill

Just got back from a two week trip after having the "fix" installed last month. No more problems with the shifting issues, TPMS light no longer lit.

I did have the Low Tire Pressure Indicator flash and indicate 0 PSI in the rear tire, after 30 minutes the indicator went away. Happened about 6 times during the trip. Each time was during the first 20 minutes of riding in the morning, never occurred the rest of the day.

Just got back from a two week trip after having the "fix" installed last month. No more problems with the shifting issues, TPMS light no longer lit.

I did have the Low Tire Pressure Indicator flash and indicate 0 PSI in the rear tire, after 30 minutes the indicator went away. Happened about 6 times during the trip. Each time was during the first 20 minutes of riding in the morning, never occurred the rest of the day.

That's weird? My dealer told me the "fix" shuts down the TPMS system so I wonder how yours was coming on the display... maybe CSC will chime in on this?

Not sure what was going on, I was hoping they would be able to tell us if they had heard of this happening.

From what I've read the TPMS fix sends a value of 0 Psi rear pressure to the system, which is what it was alarming. The front Psi reading was correct. TPMS light never came on, just the flashing Low Tire Pressure Indicator.

Not sure what was going on, I was hoping they would be able to tell us if they had heard of this happening.

From what I've read the TPMS fix sends a value of 0 Psi rear pressure to the system, which is what it was alarming. The front Psi reading was correct. TPMS light never came on, just the flashing Low Tire Pressure Indicator.

My "TPMS" light don't even come on during "key on" self test. Does yours???

Glad the wings are fixed - the Harley is an entirely different thing.

I have been talking to CSC and also my Harley dealer about a fix. Some other guys here also have helped. So, in short, the Harley dealer can tell my bike that it is now a trike. By doing so, then my TPMS will display one in the front and two in the back.

Then, what is needed is - have to install sensors in the rear trike wheels. You have to use the Harley sensor that cost about $80 each. Problem is they don't fit the holes in the CSC wheels - so, something has to be done.

My Harley dealer told me that he wanted to work on this once his shop slows down - so around mid-October here in Michigan. I think they are going to simply mount the sensor inside without the air valve. They think it will work.

If it does, there are several other guys here that will take their bikes in to have this done. Then CSC can use this same format and install it before shipping a trike. The dealer still has to flash this

Hello All,

Some info about the TPMS and DCT shifting fix.

1. The fix is a small electronic module that has to be installed by a CSC dealer. A Honda dealer that is not a CSC dealer could possibly do it but won't want to. We don't reccomend.

2. If all is correct the TPMS light and low tire pressure light should illuminate with all of the other warning lights when the trike is first turned on and then go off with all the other warning lights. This is a normal vehicle light test.

3. Rear tire pressure will permanently show 0 psi on dash.

4. Front tire pressure will continue to work the same as OEM.

5. Neither the TPMS light or low pressure light should ever come on unless the front tire has low air pressure.

5. DCT shifting will be improved to work with the trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png