Warped rotors

Jun 14, 2020
Marion
Hi, need some help, I have a 2015 goldwing with a roadsmith conversion, I have warped rotors and plan on having them turned, while im in there I was going to change the brake pads and wondering if there is a video on how to change pads and rotor? Thanks

turning rotors

Mark welcome to Trike Talk.👍👍👍I can’t help on the rotors but I didn’t think that they turn rotors anymore I thought they just replace them with new?

I talked with Rodsmith and they said that the rotors can be turned.

I talked with Rodsmith and they said that the rotors can be turned.

I haven’t found anybody in years who will turn Rotors and it Probably isn’t much more Expensive To just get a new one’s ? Oh my 2011 Triglide I bought new rotors same for my Dodge Ram that I did last year they (NAPA )just laughed at me when I said do you turn rotors Something about legalities thickness of the finished product? But I’ve been wrong more time's than not😳...

Lets us know how it works out 👌And again Welcome to Trike Talk 👍👍👍

Mark, Welcome to Trike talk

You need to be careful machining these rotors. It is more than just taking them off and having them turned. The runout with the rotors on the bike HAS to be matched to the runout on the lathe or very bad Ju Ju will result and you will end up replacing the rotors any way. The only way to machine rotors accurately is on the vehicle. This is an expensive lathe and to my knowledge there are no motorcycle adapters for this application. You will be time and aggravation ahead to install new rotors with new pads now. JMO

I'll offer up one more feedback from experience. I had that 'warped rotor' feel on my 2012 conversion, my trike guy pulled them, checked them for discoloration and the typical measure with no observation problems. Switched sides to maybe determine which one was the culprit, same problem and so......My fix it man said "replace them with new", only way to get it done right. That was one big sticker shock but it fixed the problem.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bruce Tapscott aka T.P.
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png