GL 1800 Trike Recall

rogerm60

30+ Posts
May 30, 2015
Round Top, TX
I realize this subject is getting worn out, but my local Honda dealership is telling me it will be mid-June before they could get my 2014 Roadsmith in for the brake work. Couple of questions - anyone in the Houston area had their recall done and at what location? Also, am I doing any harm to the trike if I take any lengthy trips before this service is done? Thank you,

Have you owned the bike since before the recall came out; I see it's a 2015? If so, it may have already been done by the dealer before or after it was triked.

If you have the de-linked brakes then the secondary master cylinder is not used. HOWEVER, Roadsmith recommends you have the dealer verify and indicate on the records that the trike was checked. Bottom line is that you will not damage anything by using trike.

P.S. Is that a Honda of Russellville trike? Looks like one of theirs. If so, give them a call and have them run the VIN# to see if they did the recall work.

I have the Lehman Monarch II LLS installed on a 2013 F6B and am of the understanding the brakes were delinked. How does this affect the recall? I have an appointment to get it done.

I have learned lately that different trike mfg. de-link brakes in different ways. Therefore, keep your appointment and let them check it out. That keeps you covered and safe.

My sister was given a similar answer when she called about the recall. However, as soon as she mentioned that she wanted them to look at and fix the air suspension system the got her in real fast. I dropped her trike off yesterday.

Have you owned the bike since before the recall came out; I see it's a 2015? If so, it may have already been done by the dealer before or after it was triked.

If you have the de-linked brakes then the secondary master cylinder is not used. HOWEVER, Roadsmith recommends you have the dealer verify and indicate on the records that the trike was checked. Bottom line is that you will not damage anything by using trike.

P.S. Is that a Honda of Russellville trike? Looks like one of theirs. If so, give them a call and have them run the VIN# to see if they did the recall work.

Thanks mhgoldwing. Yes, it's a Honda of Russellville trike, but it's a 2014 model.

Has anyone had the Recall for Brake Work done in Maryland? The Dealership that did my Trike is no longer in Business. My Trike is a Lehman Monarch 11 Honda 05
Correction: Having a Senior Moment. The Dealer I bought my Honda from is no longer in Business. The Guys who did my Conversion and I am here to say was very happy with the
job they did was M&J in Martinsburg W. Va.

Has anyone had the Recall for Brake Work done in Maryland? The Dealership that did my Trike is no longer in Business. My Trike is a Lehman Monarch 11 Honda 05
Correction: Having a Senior Moment. The Dealer I bought my Honda from is no longer in Business. The Guys who did my Conversion and I am here to say was very happy with the
job they did was M&J in Martinsburg W. Va.

Thanks, I have a Dealer to handle the recall.

Consider me recalled, I had it done yesterday plus I had the Avon Cobra Trike tire installed also. Only comment was, because it is a trike it will require three hours to accomplish the recall. Because the Avon is a radial I think is a softer ride than the Michelin Pilot.

I was told by Honda that since Roadsmith delinks the SMC no work is needed. But I see some have had their rear master cyclinders replaced?
Whom do you mean by Honda???
Honda's recall clearly states "ALL TRIKES"
As stated before, delinked means something different for different trikes. However all are to have the secondary master cylinder, if present and even if capped off, replaced and the rear master cylinder is also to be replaced.
Even capped off to the rear, the secondary master cylinder still activates the ADV.

I called Honda of Fairfield, Ohio yesterday to discuss the recall. The original owner of my trike didn't get the recall completed. He said they service over 1200 GW's at the dealership and it would be in July 28th to preform the recall. I'm also going to have them flush all fluids including the coolant with a new radiator cap. He said in the meantime if everything feels good in the brake system to ride it. It feels fine to me so I'm looking forward to getting some miles on it and getting familiar with it.
Bill

Whom do you mean by Honda???
Honda's recall clearly states "ALL TRIKES"
As stated before, delinked means something different for different trikes. However all are to have the secondary master cylinder, if present and even if capped off, replaced and the rear master cylinder is also to be replaced.
Even capped off to the rear, the secondary master cylinder still activates the ADV.

Honda Powersports Customer Service

I made a appointment to have it checked out any way

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png