Honda Builds Self-Balancing Motorcycle

Interesting concept, no doubt.
I don't care for the "drive by wire" technology that is already on many motorized 2, 3, & 4 wheeled vehicles.

In the future, most if not all our vehicles will have that technology, so I/we all best get used to it:Shrug:

Guess I'm just a dinosaur when it comes to hi~tech electronic controls on vehicles.
What happens when an electronic steering failure occurs at 70MPH? I shudder in horror at the thought:AGGHH:

Talked about this with some friends over the past week. I have to admit, I am NOT a fan of it (neither were they). While "self balancing" can be a good thing, what happens when something "goes wrong" riding mid corner & the bike doesn't recognize the speed, will it try to upright itself and throw you off?

The tech is intriguing, but on a 2 wheeler I'm not so sure.

Seems to me the stress is on slo speed ballance and stoping. Like all else, once you get use to it, ya might love it. Just my way of seeing it :twocents::twocents:

Seems to me the stress is on slo speed ballance and stoping. Like all else, once you get use to it, ya might love it. Just my way of seeing it :twocents::twocents:

You're probably right. I used to race sport bikes so when I see the bike automatically change steering angles like that and the handlebars turn themselves to maintain balance I see all the bad in it. Guess it's true about old dogs & new(ish) tricks!

At this stage of my game, I haven't any false ideas about buying another 2 wheeler self balancing or not, My Gunner will be my last two wheeler, and that's ridden for short rides in fair weather only...
But any new innovations that will get new younger riders into motorcycling can't hurt...ThumbUp

Like most new innovations there will be pros and cons and different opinions, but for some of us who by age or health reasons have become somewhat relegated to trikes, the concept of balance help on a two wheeler seems like a great achievement. I have been a triker for over 50 years but always loved riding my 2 wheelers as well. To have something onboard that would let me get back to 2 wheels is quite optimistic.

I also liked the statement about 'can be fitted to existing bikes' may bring the cost down to affordable for us do-it-yourselfers.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png