Ongoing 2019 Tri Glide Build-Out w/ lots of photos, videos and observations

Went and picked up my reworked front brake line today. J&J's is where I went 5 years ago when I had to do the same thing for my '14.

J%26J.jpg

It is nice, in this day and age, when there is a company that can do something that is not "in the book", when they can actually think thru a process, understand the challenge, and come up with a solution...AND do it when they say they will. Kudo's to J&J Hi-Performance!

I carried over the line (a line the HD Dealership said that no one made, nor would any of their suppliers make with any guarantee that it would fit) to the Dealership. They should have the bar installation complete early next week. :)

Then I can get my film finished, do the ceramic over the film, and then start installing some of the parts that are piling up. lol

Plus, I have a bunch of testing to do and document. ACK! Plus I'm leaving for the Black Hills in less than 2 months!

A few photos of the state of the TG this afternoon-

Bars1.jpg

Bars%202.jpg

Bars3.jpg

Kevin

Kevin, what about the clutch line? I'm kinda surprised that with the brake line having to be extended so much the clutch line would fit without extension.

Kevin, what about the clutch line? I'm kinda surprised that with the brake line having to be extended so much the clutch line would fit without extension.

The dealership had an extension kit that had extensions for the Clutch and Brake Lines....for some reason the clutch line was long enough and the brake line was not. Makes no sense....but that is actually what happened on the '14 also.

6 months or so after I did the special line for the '14, the aftermarket had them...and I'm sure that within another few months the aftermarket will catch up on the '19's too. :)

Kevin

Dang Kevin ... looks like that would of been a great time to do the rake kit too ... from the look of the trike ... you're halfway there.

Yeah, prolly more than halfway there.

But I need to do a bunch of testing and documenting before the rake kit. Plus, when I do the rake kit, I also video it and come up with an installation video out of it.

Kevin

Yeah, prolly more than halfway there.

But I need to do a bunch of testing and documenting before the rake kit. Plus, when I do the rake kit, I also video it and come up with an installation video out of it.

Kevin

I get it ... you let HD do the bars to keep the electrics warrantee ... looking forward to seeing the video. I suspect I can do this myself ... but ... I did steering head bearings on the black wing (Helga) and ended up having to have Don come over to get the proper torque ... definitely a two man job. If I do one (Rake Kit), I will probably get the pro from Dover (Zook) do it.

Always solid info from your tried and trued installs and upgrades:clapping:

Thanks man! :D

I get it ... you let HD do the bars to keep the electrics warrantee ... looking forward to seeing the video. I suspect I can do this myself ... but ... I did steering head bearings on the black wing (Helga) and ended up having to have Don come over to get the proper torque ... definitely a two man job. If I do one (Rake Kit), I will probably get the pro from Dover (Zook) do it.

Yeah, I've never been to Zook's Cut-n-Shoot Customs...so been toying with the idea of riding out there and doing the rake kit out there...get the install video done with the pro!

Dang! They took the entire inner fairing off. :) Looking good though...

Yep, she looks nekkid! lol

Talked to the dealership today...I'm getting ants in my pants, hopefully I'll be picking it up this weekend. Got to start putting some miles on her and testing various things.

Kevin

Yeah, I've never been to Zook's Cut-n-Shoot Customs...so been toying with the idea of riding out there and doing the rake kit out there...get the install video done with the pro!

Kevin

I've been considering going to the Kerrville thing again and swinging by either before or after the gathering to see his shop ... I've seen his tike ... and that was sweet ... so ... the shop must be sweet too ... LOL ... that's logical right ... right ????

Thanks guys. Gonna get one of those. Even though some of the reviews say they're no longer waterproof...description say so too. I'll use some tent sealer on it and make it waterproof.

Moving up in the world. No more trash bags for me. :laugh:

Kevin

Was wandering around the internet today and found a rain cover that claims it is waterproof.....Roadsofa Rain Cover with backrest. I have no idea if it really is waterproof since I don't own one, but thought I'd share the link since most of the other ones I've seen say they are not waterproof. Says it fits all H-D's and is $4 less than the H-D version that isn't waterproof.

https://www.saddlemen.com/index.php...-d-touring-seat-with-backrest-harley-davidson

Anyone used this?

I've been considering going to the Kerrville thing again and swinging by either before or after the gathering to see his shop ... I've seen his tike ... and that was sweet ... so ... the shop must be sweet too ... LOL ... that's logical right ... right ????

:laugh: Well, that does not hold true with us. We have some pretty sweet bikes and Trike, but our shop...well, it is over-crowded and not so great looking. :xzqxz:

Was wandering around the internet today and found a rain cover that claims it is waterproof.....Roadsofa Rain Cover with backrest. I have no idea if it really is waterproof since I don't own one, but thought I'd share the link since most of the other ones I've seen say they are not waterproof. Says it fits all H-D's and is $4 less than the H-D version that isn't waterproof.

https://www.saddlemen.com/index.php...-d-touring-seat-with-backrest-harley-davidson

Anyone used this?

Nice find. I have not ordered the HD one yet...may give this one a try.

Thanks,

Kevin

Anyone used this?

Oddly, the last drop down selection for the Tri Glide Model Year only has 09-14.:xzqxz:

I just realized we've done 3 more videos on the '19 Tri Glide that I've not put in this thread yet.

We're working hard at making more, and better, videos. Installation, Riding, Tips, How To, and more.

It would really help us out if you would Subscribe to our channel & hit the Like button on the vids you like. This helps us get ranked higher on YouTube, so more folks will see our videos.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron Hunter
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png