Renegade Roadking

Apr 24, 2017
Sunbury
My harley roadking with renegade trike kit has always seemed to sit low at rear. Factory air shocks on it. Kit has been installed about 10 years. We have owned it last 6 years. Seems mufflers get smashed a little more every year. Any thoughts on correcting and maybe improving ride. It is a solid axle.

My harley roadking with renegade trike kit has always seemed to sit low at rear. Factory air shocks on it. Kit has been installed about 10 years. We have owned it last 6 years. Seems mufflers get smashed a little more every year. Any thoughts on correcting and maybe improving ride. It is a solid axle.

Yep switch to coil over shocks. See DK Custom this forum ads. They sell a couple of different ones. They can be pricey but it will solve your issue.

Bill,

May I suggest you measure your air shocks to see if they are the correct length.

Should be 13" from center of each eye.:Shrug:

Conversions were usually done utilizing existing shocks.

If the motorcycle had been lowered at some time prior to the conversion, it may have shorter shocks.

Shorter shocks mean a shorter spring and a harsher ride.

Thanks for the info Lee. I'll measure them does it matter if on or must they be off for that eye to eye measurement.

Also would you recommend one replacement over the other. my wife is the driver of this unit she is on the smaller size maybe 125lbs. Thanks

Found this road king was a classic which came with shorter air shocks 12.5" would you suggest I just install 13" or could I go with even longer. I see most are going 14 on triglides. Would 15" be a possibility. Bill

If you create too much travel (15") you start having belt issues.

Air shocks (H-D) should be set at 15# to start and if a 13 1/2" or even a 14" can be found, use that.

Rear Tire pressure also be set at 20#.

The rear swingarm is designed with limited travel and will bind on the transmission case if too much travel is introduced.

If you create too much travel (15") you start having belt issues.

Air shocks (H-D) should be set at 15# to start and if a 13 1/2" or even a 14" can be found, use that.

Rear Tire pressure also be set at 20#.

The rear swingarm is designed with limited travel and will bind on the transmission case if too much travel is introduced.

Again Thanks for your help , have installed a set of Ikon basic shocks (old Koni company) . They were built to wifes weight , very pleased made a world of difference.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunsmoke06

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gunsmoke06
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png