Full throttle saloon

Oct 19, 2011
GLEN ELLYN, IL. USA
Saw the new episode of FTS last night. Mike said they were going to do something different this year. After watching it, it looked like last years show - nothing different, but I guess if girls didn't show more skin then they're allowed, idiots getting drunk and fighting, they run out of beer or Frajita Mike getting bombed, it wouldn't be on TV.

Still it was interesting - better then watching some other dumb reality show.

Angie's still cute.

Anyone see it?

I watched it, seems like the same place with close to the same troubles. I like to watch it because of the girls and watching people make asses of themselves.

msocko3 - :Agree:

I just like watching drunk bikers making fools of themselves, it shows me what I probably looked like in my younger days, and pretty gals.

Angie is starting to show her age and i think if she doesn't watch out the blond with the big boobs will be taking her place -- it is fun to watch them --

Saw the new episode of FTS last night. Mike said they were going to do something different this year. After watching it, it looked like last years show - nothing different, but I guess if girls didn't show more skin then they're allowed, idiots getting drunk and fighting, they run out of beer or Frajita Mike getting bombed, it wouldn't be on TV.

Still it was interesting - better then watching some other dumb reality show.

Angie's still cute.

Anyone see it?
What a lot of folks don't realize is Sturgis is a ghost town for most of the year. Someone was interviewing the mayor a couple years ago about the rally and other towns competing for business during the rally. His response was, be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

Some of you might be interested in knowing one of the ways the city of Sturgis determines the size of the rally each year, they weigh all garbage that is hauled to the dump and compare it to previous years.

--it is fun to watch them-- Them?? The girls? Or the boobs!! Or both?

both of course -- i have been to sturgis during the rally a couple of times and once two weeks before the rally -- i must say that i really enjoyed the ride out two weeks before eveything got crazy -- its great riding when you don't have to watch out for all the new wanna be bikers -- beautiful country --

I have always thought I would like to be there 2 weeks or 2 weeks after the rally. I would like to have a week just to ride in that part of the country.

hdrider146, that's why I don't go to Sturgis anymore. I refuse to pay over $50 a night for a room - anywhere - not just Sturgis.

That's why I use Motel.com That's a webside for all mom & pop motels. Rooms average $35 to $50 They aren't the Ritz, but for that price and just for 8 hours sleep and a shower, it's fine for me. I can put up with torn carpet or peeling wallpaper. :)

What a lot of folks don't realize is Sturgis is a ghost town for most of the year. Someone was interviewing the mayor a couple years ago about the rally and other towns competing for business during the rally. His response was, be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

Some of you might be interested in knowing one of the ways the city of Sturgis determines the size of the rally each year, they weigh all garbage that is hauled to the dump and compare it to previous years.

I wouldn't call Sturgis a ghost town by any means. It is a small community of 5 or 6 thousand people that for most of the year is a support and trading center for the local farmers and ranchers. It has numerous local agriculture related businesses and a regional VA medical facility. For one week out of the year the local businesses are forced to move out so the building owners can rent their property out for exorbitant fees. If it were put to a public vote there most likely would be no rally.

I wouldn't call Sturgis a ghost town by any means. It is a small community of 5 or 6 thousand people that for most of the year is a support and trading center for the local farmers and ranchers. It has numerous local agriculture related businesses and a regional VA medical facility. For one week out of the year the local businesses are forced to move out so the building owners can rent their property out for exorbitant fees. If it were put to a public vote there most likely would be no rally.

kinda like Daytona Beach during bike week. Cops are everywhere to maintain order and peace. However but for the bikers the place would be vacant.

True that-I have been thru Sturgis a few times off season, and it is a bustling little town-even has an HD dealership.

hdrider146, that's why I don't go to Sturgis anymore. I refuse to pay over $50 a night for a room - anywhere - not just Sturgis.

That's why I use Motel.com That's a webside for all mom & pop motels. Rooms average $35 to $50 They aren't the Ritz, but for that price and just for 8 hours sleep and a shower, it's fine for me. I can put up with torn carpet or peeling wallpaper. :)

You can't even get a room for 100 bucks a night during the rally-and every thing is booked up months ahead. Just a camping spot is 100.00 plus-per person each night. even rooms in Spearfish (20 miles away) are 100.00 nightly- during the rally if you can find one!

When was the last time you drove through main street. Gunners lounge that has been there for decades just sold, the new owner took the liquor license and put the lounge back on the market with the license that allows women to show the guys what they have during the rally.

Most folks just go down the interstate another 25 miles to Rapid City to do their shopping.

I will agree that if it were put to a vote, there would be no rally.

When was the last time you drove through main street. Gunners lounge that has been there for decades just sold, the new owner took the liquor license and put the lounge back on the market with the license that allows women to show the guys what they have during the rally.

Most folks just go down the interstate another 25 miles to Rapid City to do their shopping.

I will agree that if it were put to a vote, there would be no rally.

Main street? About a week ago. I agree that it's a shame what the out-of-state building owners have done to the community. My point is don't knock the local community. It's a nice place and shouldn't be confused with the rally.

I watched it, seems like the same place with close to the same troubles. I like to watch it because of the girls and watching people make asses of themselves.

I know what you mean about "watching people make asses of themselves" and I think the biggest is that ballard clown! I have tried to count how many times ballard whines about money, but I can't keep-up after the first few minutes and I can't help staring at that garbage on his head, it looks worse than my shop mop, that I use on oil & anti-freeze. I find myself cheering for the people that "ballard claims" cost him money, that may not seem nice but ballard seems to me as the type that deserves it, he whines & badmouths far too much. :Trike1:

My wife and I just made a reservation in Hill City, SD during the rally for our 1st experience. We found a cabin that sleeps 6 with a BR and shower for just over $100/day. Of course we are 40 miles from the party. Interested in checking out the Chip and FTS.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png