Frankenstein trike owners ?

Feb 4, 2017
Wilmington,NC, USA
For the Frankenstein kit owners, if you ordered the raked trees from Frankenstein did they come with Fork leg extenders? My concern is the raked trees will lower the front end too much. If fork extenders where not used did the front end drop seem noticeable? Any comments are appreciated.

That is probably something to ask Frankenstein. Why not order a tree from ZOOK the site owner. I know his trees of 4-5 degrees do come with 1.5" spacers but specifically ask for them.

That is probably something to ask Frankenstein. Why not order a tree from ZOOK the site owner. I know his trees of 4-5 degrees do come with 1.5" spacers but specifically ask for them.

Yes I agree. They have already been shipped and I will be calling them Monday. Being a trike novice the thought initially didn't cross my mind that extenders would be needed. I would assume (hope) they come with the kit.

You definitely feel the bumps more than with 2 wheels. I have 1000 miles on my kit now and only got irritated one time with a stretch of road that was extremely rough. Typically it's a non factor.

If your shocks are adjustable work with it and the tire pressure. You can go as low as 22 lbs in the rear tires. It will improve the ride considerably.

If your shocks are adjustable work with it and the tire pressure. You can go as low as 22 lbs in the rear tires. It will improve the ride considerably.

I am currently running 25lbs in the back. I never messed with the shocks so I'm sure they are still set at the stock setting. Thanks for the suggestion, I may experiment a little bit.

tire pressure

Being new this week to my Frankenstein trike I did adjust the preload on my shocks some I went for real soft and that was worse stiffen them back up now about the same. Then I went to 20 lbs in rear tire got a little better I'm running 17 now and it's better I tried 15 but then the tire starts to look flat. Mine steers like a dream

no extenders with my kit

I am just now finishing up the conversion of my Road King, I did not receive any extender with my kit, I did get the triple tree also.

not being very smart of some thing. what exactly are these extenders you are talking about, where do the fit on front end,

thanks

Hank

I am just now finishing up the conversion of my Road King, I did not receive any extender with my kit, I did get the triple tree also.

not being very smart of some thing. what exactly are these extenders you are talking about, where do the fit on front end,

thanks

Hank

Hey Hank,

I came to find out they aren't needed. Can't wait to see your final pics.

thanks

Hank

These are extenders for the GL1800, they fit in place of the oem fork cover on top of the fork tube and get clamped in the upper part of the triple tree.

Attachments

• gw_extendor.jpg
    gw_extendor.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 121

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redskin9
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png