Trigger Switch

Jun 14, 2015
Yorktown, VA
My trigger switch doesn't seem to be working. I cannot change the display from total mileage. I can hold the switch down and turn on the ignition to go to Diagnostic, but it won't advance beyond that. It got a wash at the dealer, but was working on the way home as I reset trip A when I filled up. Looked up the part number and it says it's 71500236, but when I do a search on some dealer sites only 71500236A shows up. Is that the right part?

My trigger switch doesn't seem to be working. I cannot change the display from total mileage. I can hold the switch down and turn on the ignition to go to Diagnostic, but it won't advance beyond that. It got a wash at the dealer, but was working on the way home as I reset trip A when I filled up. Looked up the part number and it says it's 71500236, but when I do a search on some dealer sites only 71500236A shows up. Is that the right part?

That is a NEW part number Any time HD changes part numbers they add a letter @ the end of the part number

I had mine changed on my 15 twice;)

Yes it is, the A at the end is HD way of coding a new and improved part next a B then a C

[h=1]SWITCHPACK,HC,LH,BEZEL&CRUISE,[/h] Reference: HD-71500236A

Brand: Harley-Davidson®

MPN: 71500236A

Condition: New product

Supercedes: 71500236

I think the button is sealed and the moving trigger just presses on it. I did spray some electrical contact cleaner in the hole and will try some air later.

Why isn't there an illuminated option like other touring bikes. If I have to replace the switch it would be nice to upgrade. Typical HD

I dunno why HD made these switches all 1 unit

I see why they have a high rate of failure now

HD17FLHTCUTG070.gif
## 14 is the switch unit The trigger button is just a button

I am seeing alot of problems with water intrusion

It looks a little beyond my capability to replace it. I did find the part for $139 bucks so that's not too bad. Now will have to find out how much my dealer will charge to put it in. The tech I talked to about the problem knew exactly what was wrong so maybe they do have some kind of failure rate.

It looks a little beyond my capability to replace it. I did find the part for $139 bucks so that's not too bad. Now will have to find out how much my dealer will charge to put it in. The tech I talked to about the problem knew exactly what was wrong so maybe they do have some kind of failure rate.

Dry it out good It may start working again

Tho It is an on going problem IMO

I try to keep as much water away from the switches when washing the trike

I hope your dealer detail guy was on his game and did not get TOO much water in the switch

Did you talk to service about good willing the part?

No luck on getting the switch to work with either air or contact cleaner. Bought a new switch assembly (there were three on the shelf) at my dealer who matched internet pricing. That many switch assemblies on the shelf makes me think there is a failure rate of some sort. I know the clutch switch can fail.

No luck on getting the switch to work with either air or contact cleaner. Bought a new switch assembly (there were three on the shelf) at my dealer who matched internet pricing. That many switch assemblies on the shelf makes me think there is a failure rate of some sort. I know the clutch switch can fail.

When you say new switch assembly, what does that include?

When you say new switch assembly, what does that include?

When my LS trigger went south, the dealer replaced the entire switch half

It appears to be all integrated into 1 unit non serviceable individually smart move on The MOCO part

71500236 SWITCH PACK, LEFT HAND CONTROL,

185.49 163.49

Retail Your price

You are correct it is a complete switch assembly. There are no individual switches. It wraps around the handlebar with one plug in. I'll get a picture tomorrow and load it up.

My switch assembly woes continue. I had the new assembly installed by my dealer. Yea, the trigger switch is working and all is well. Well almost, the bike will not start in gear. The clutch switch is defective. Next woe, surprise a new part number 71500236B as the A part number has been superceded. It's also on back order and won't be in till after my departure next week for Daytona. I had my old bad switch put back in as I would rather not have a bike that can't start in gear. I will now have to make a note of my mileage to keep myself from running in to low fuel problems. Here's hoping for a warm Bike Week.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png