Miles on a Tri Glide

I think he is looking for a bike at the $15K price range.

By the way, Happy New Year. You make any headway on that new trike?

Same to you, naw, I think I’m gonna wait the interest rates out a bit.. got a couple rides still left in the 14. I think it’s a great way for us to really decide what we really want to do later when i retire.

Picked up my 2021 Tri Glide this past March… put a little over 10k on it this past riding season.

I put way more miles on my Tri Glide than I had been putting on my Ultra.

Renewed confidence and comfort equates to more miles in the saddle, at least for me.

I too have seen many low mileage trikes sitting on the dealer showroom… My Trike has had some important improvements (bars and suspension most notably) that really made a difference compared to stock.

I can understand why some riders bail on trikes if left stock. It’s a shame they didn’t find this forum first… they would probably still be on three wheels!

We have the same year trike, I have changed bars and seat which helps a lot but wondering what suspension mods you’ve done? Thanks

miles on trike from a Wisconsin traveler

We normally take one to two interstate trips a season for a total of 10000 miles annually. We now have logged 108,000 on various trikes from 2011 to 2020 and loved them all.

Regarding justification of ownership everyone must make their own decisions. While my wife and I represent "obsessive" needs for travel on trike many folks just want some fresh air in their face and want three wheels for whatever reason that "trips their trigger" . If riding trikes is really not your "passion", (the last cycle trader search revealed over 1047 Triglides for sale both new/used! then maybe more thought regarding ownership may needed? Good luck.

In my younger days I worked a ton, plus I lived up in the snow belt, so if I was able to put 4,000 miles on in a year I was lucky.

Now this old man uses the bike for local stuff plus longer touring riding 2-up. Since buying the first TG in 2016 we have had some months putting less than 1,000 miles on and some months racking up over 3,000.

My two closest riding buddies are both almost at 50,000 miles (2017 and 2018) trikes. Mine (2019) will have just over 45,000 miles on it when I pick it up in a couple weeks. Having the whole engine done with t-man 130 kit plus the bottom end up at Darkhorse. Now in my mind I can start the ticker back at zero on my engine as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, I am keeping this as my last Harley and expect to get well over 100,000 miles on it before my dirt nap.

In my younger days I worked a ton, plus I lived up in the snow belt, so if I was able to put 4,000 miles on in a year I was lucky.

Now this old man uses the bike for local stuff plus longer touring riding 2-up. Since buying the first TG in 2016 we have had some months putting less than 1,000 miles on and some months racking up over 3,000.

My two closest riding buddies are both almost at 50,000 miles (2017 and 2018) trikes. Mine (2019) will have just over 45,000 miles on it when I pick it up in a couple weeks. Having the whole engine done with t-man 130 kit plus the bottom end up at Darkhorse. Now in my mind I can start the ticker back at zero on my engine as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously, I am keeping this as my last Harley and expect to get well over 100,000 miles on it before my dirt nap.

Wow T-Man & Dark Horse That Will be a Bad ASS Motor :D Lots Of TorQue Lots Of $$$$$ A friend of mine had his 2012 street glide Twin Cam done with a Dark Horse crank & Zippers top end, That bike is Stupid fast. Who is assembling the motor ?

Wow T-Man & Dark Horse That Will be a Bad ASS Motor :D Lots Of TorQue Lots Of $$$$$ A friend of mine had his 2012 street glide Twin Cam done with a Dark Horse crank & Zippers top end, That bike is Stupid fast. Who is assembling the motor ?

My two buddies I ride with every year (one lives in KY and one in AL) both had Four Rivers Harley in Paducah do T-man kits on their 107 M-8s. Their bikes really came off the dino really great and Four Rivers treated them good on the price.

Even though I was starting with a 114 M8, I still wanted something a little different. Four Rivers suggested this type of rebuild. If it turns out as quick as we expect it will be all the HP and torque I will ever desire. Almost like getting a new bike as far as miles go but only spending a small fraction of the cost.

Just curious, did you have the engine redone because of issues or just wanted more performance?

Wanted a new motor with more HP and torque.

Figured up the miles I was putting on my 19 Trike and in 3-4 years I would be closing in on 100,000 miles. There is no way after putting on chrome wheels, chrome forks, and other stuff, I ever wanted to buy a new bike just turning 70. It really wasn't that expensive for this rebuild and the motor should be about as close to bulletproof as possible. Not to mention a fairly fast trike (lol).

Have my 19 Tri Glide just under 4 years, have 29,000 on it but it sat in the dealer waiting for parts after an accident for 8 months, I usually average between 8-10 thousand a year

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png