Avon Cobra Trike Tire

rhino65

250+ Posts
Aug 14, 2016
Atwood, Illinois United States
It's come time to replace the Bridgestone Exedra front tire on my trike. After reading reviews Ive decided on the Cobra Trike tire. $144 shipped from Dennis Kirk. Be here tomorrow. Hope it's all its cracked up to be

Big trike dealer near St. Louis IL. didn't recommend the Cobra tire. Said they install the MPA (reversed of course) 1000 to 1 of anything else. Said they keep about 30 of MPA on hand. They're mounted price of Cobra was $326, MPA $254.

Big trike dealer near St. Louis IL. didn't recommend the Cobra tire. Said they install the MPA (reversed of course) 1000 to 1 of anything else. Said they keep about 30 of MPA on hand. They're mounted price of Cobra was $326, MPA $254.

They're ripping people off at those prices! I can buy the Avon Cobra Trike for anywhere between $135- 150 with free shipping and $20 locally to mount on wheel I carry in.

Anyway, be anxious to hear what you think about your new Avon Cobra after you get a few miles on it. BTW, use 40-42 psi according to Avon.

:xzqxz: :confused: OUCH! :xzqxz: Maybe he's just not wanting a left over inventory on those many MPAs he's stocked. ;)

I removed a MPA with fully half tread left just to try the Cobra ...

... and I have no intention of putting the MPA back on.

Yeah, it wore like iron ...

... rode like iron as well.

You will like it. After using MPA's on my Trike, I switched to the Avon Trike Tire last spring. WOW what difference.

How is it wearing? How many miles on it? Any scalping on the Avon? How did you balance the tire? What pressure do you use?

Sorry for all the question, but need to know in case I buy one.

Thanks,

Rosy

I've got just a little over 11,000 miles on my Avon Cobra Trike tire. I really like the ride of the radial tire, but a little disappointed in the mileage. I'm nearing the end of the first tire. But I already purchased another one, just was hoping for a little better mileage. Everything in life is a trade off, I guess.

Holy Cow, I am on my second Cobra Trike Tire. I take off the wheel and take it to a local shop. Mounts it for $20. I put it back on the trike. I got 25K out of my last Cobra Trike Tire.

Ive always felt Im paying too much. Local guy I use gets $40. But at least when it comes to tires. I don't have to wait. He will stop whatever he is doing and pop on my tire for me.

How is it wearing? How many miles on it? Any scalping on the Avon? How did you balance the tire? What pressure do you use?

Sorry for all the question, but need to know in case I buy one.

Thanks,

Rosy

I used Ride On to balance my Cobra Trike Tire and for some flat protection, so far so good. Was thinking bout trying the MPA (rear) on my next, but I'm non reading many good comments about that.

I've got just a little over 11,000 miles on my Avon Cobra Trike tire. I really like the ride of the radial tire, but a little disappointed in the mileage. I'm nearing the end of the first tire. But I already purchased another one, just was hoping for a little better mileage. Everything in life is a trade off, I guess.

Egads, if I only get 11K miles, or near that, I'll for sure be going back to the BT45 or MPA (rear), no matter how good the Cobra ride is. That's ridiculous in my opinion.

Terry,

What cold tire pressure do you carry in the Avon Cobra?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojo jojo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png