Flat tire.

I went riding yesterday and parked in the garage when I returned. Today I noticed that my right rear tire was flat. My dilemma: I don't have any way to jack up the trike or how to. This is my first flat on a trike and am at a loss on what to do. Anyone have any suggestions or MacGyver-ism's.

If it was up when you put it away yesterday & is flat today, it sounds like a slow leak.
That being the case? you might be able to re-inflate the tire & ride/get it to a shop for repair/replacement. Can you see anything stuck in the tire, nail, etc.?
If the tire is off bead or is not able to hold any of the "recharged" air, you're only real choice is to remove the wheel to fix it.

Failing all of the above, not sure what you're riding, but if you have an automotive jack with any luck you should be able to find a suitable spot under the right side of your axle, (solid axle type), or under the rear spindle/lower shock mount area on an independent rear type, to jack from.
Guess a small investment in a ATV type jack might/could/should come into play as well.
Not joking, but do you have Triple A type assistance?
Best of luck to you...

I went to a auto salvage yard and got a jack. I found a small Chrysler and the jack was less than 3" tall and it works great for me. A friend of mine has a Roadsmith trike and it fits under it.

You can get jack's at a vollenteer fire house, They usually have a wrecked car in the back that they use to practice taken apart with the jaws of life..and other tools. And theres almost always a jack in the trunk... And if you ask them nicely the'll give it to you...

You can get jack's at a vollenteer fire house, They usually have a wrecked car in the back that they use to practice taken apart with the jaws of life..and other tools. And theres almost always a jack in the trunk... And if you ask them nicely the'll give it to you...

/\...Thats a cool MacGuyver, for sure!.../\

I usually just go to a car junk yard and purchase a jack from them, all cars have jacks, so if you see one that would fit your bike, I imagine you could buy one quite cheap

Ronnie

Normally, the lift point on the RS to raise the right side of the trike is below the right shock mount. Unfortunately, if you lift the trike there you will drive the wheel further up in the fender and not be able to remove it. So, if you can find a jack, lift from the right side of the vertical trailer hitch support plate. This will raise the right side of the trike and let the trailing arm fall lower so you can get the wheel and tire out from under the fender. Be careful that you have raised it high enough for sufficient clearance as you can damage/break some fiberglass if you try to force the tire/wheel out.

Be sure you have the other wheels chocked so that the trike cannot move enough to fall off the jack. Really ugly consequences are possible. Might be time to invest in small floor jack and a pair of jack stands if you're going to do more work underneath and need to raise the trike. Good luck.

What did you do to raise up your bike??

Ronnie

I have a small 2 ton floor jack and a 1500# ATV hydraulic jack. Normally, I raise the trike and put two jack stands under the swing arm crossmember. This lets the rear wheels drop so I can remove them easily. I tie off front wheel or use vise on lift so trike cannot move either direction.

I have a small 2 ton floor jack and a 1500# ATV hydraulic jack. Normally, I raise the trike and put two jack stands under the swing arm crossmember. This lets the rear wheels drop so I can remove them easily. I tie off front wheel or use vise on lift so trike cannot move either direction.

Sorry I'm late answering your response (went on a nice long vacation to Iceland) Ok I purchased a 3 ton jack, very cheap, works like a champ......

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneRider

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneRider
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png