Oil Level Concern

JTJersey

800+ Posts
Jul 2, 2021
Millville NJ USA
I seem to be posting too much today, but that's what happens when I get down time. Came back from a half hour ride after lunch and checked my oil just because. It's showing just a hair above the ADD QT mark and I don't know why. I'm thinking that means I need to add a quart? 10,000 mile service is 1000 miles off, but the nearest source for HD Syn-3 is 35 miles from me. Should I be concerned about riding it anywhere?

I seem to be posting too much today, but that's what happens when I get down time. Came back from a half hour ride after lunch and checked my oil just because. It's showing just a hair above the ADD QT mark and I don't know why. I'm thinking that means I need to add a quart? 10,000 mile service is 1000 miles off, but the nearest source for HD Syn-3 is 35 miles from me. Should I be concerned about riding it anywhere?

If it’s not Below the add a quart I wouldn’t worry about driving 35 miles…

If that is all the oil you have used since your last change you are doing good

If it was mine I would ride to get oil and filter and change it now

I have never used the Syn 3, it is NOT a full synthetic oil, but that is another story for another day

I have never used the Syn 3, it is NOT a full synthetic oil, but that is another story for another day

Jack, What Oil Do You use..:Shrug: Would like to know a recommendation ....HD TriGlide

Harley's Screamin' Eagle SAE 20W50..HD360...Is full Synthetic.....

As per Harley….

Screamin' Eagle SYN3 Full Synthetic/Motorcycle Lubricant

SAE 20W50

Once again the way the laws are written HD can say it is a synthetic even tho it is a blend

Castrol oil did the same thing

They are really both semi synthetic group 3 oils a 60/ 40 blend

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png