New Slingshot Soon?

Oct 13, 2010
USA
Just got a email on January 14th some big news on the Slingshot. :Shrug:

They teased a dark picture for a slingshot with the front LED lights came on. :confused:

The new 2020 models come out and what a manual transmission?? New engine too?

Just got a email on January 14th some big news on the Slingshot. :Shrug:

They teased a dark picture for a slingshot with the front LED lights came on. :confused:

The new 2020 models come out and what a manual transmission?? New engine too?

Theres been rumors about a Auto....And a Polaris priority engine??...They are awful late on the 2020's.......Most dealers have a boat load of 19's....And quite a few Polaris dealers have dumped the Slingshot line....My nearest dealer dumped his at the middle of last Summer...:(...

Theres been rumors about a Auto....And a Polaris priority engine??...They are awful late on the 2020's.......Most dealers have a boat load of 19's....And quite a few Polaris dealers have dumped the Slingshot line....My nearest dealer dumped his at the middle of last Summer...:(...

Well they had to make some sort of changes on the slingshot. Not many people like Manual Transmission. I have heard of passenger heat complaints and other things I could deal with.

Now it would be interesting to see what improvements if any will be coming out?

As for unsold units on the lots. I am sure they will sell and closer to cost to get them off the lots.:D

So in 13 days we should know more. Facebook had a teaser video. Sure there be a few more before then.:xzqxz:

Well they had to make some sort of changes on the slingshot. Not many people like Manual Transmission. I have heard of passenger heat complaints and other things I could deal with.

Now it would be interesting to see what improvements if any will be coming out?

As for unsold units on the lots. I am sure they will sell and closer to cost to get them off the lots.:D

So in 13 days we should know more. Facebook had a teaser video. Sure there be a few more before then.:xzqxz:

If they do put an Auto in they will sell more initially.....And a large number of them will be nimrods , And then there will be a lot of Slingshots in ditches...If you ever driven one in rain or damp roadways you''ll know what I'm talking about..

There are a few owners on the Slingshot forums who will Not ride in even light rain..:(

If they do put an Auto in they will sell more initially.....And a large number of them will be nimrods , And then there will be a lot of Slingshots in ditches...If you ever driven one in rain or damp roadways you''ll know what I'm talking about..

There are a few owners on the Slingshot forums who will Not ride in even light rain..:(

Isn't that what traction control is for :laugh:

I test rode one last season.............................lov'd it! :gah:

Now where to park it, Hmmmmmmmm, where, wife doesn't find out that I purchased one.. :blush::blush:

Ronnie

Now where to park it, Hmmmmmmmm, where, wife doesn't find out that I purchased one.. :blush::blush:

Ronnie

I park it in my garage, Takes up the same space as a small car....Luckily i have a wide two car garage i park on one side my wife parks her car on the other side....

If I ever get one I would have to get rid of the Spyder and move or throw away some crap in the garage.. :laugh:

2 days until they reveil the 2020 Slingshot..:laugh: Still wonder if its all hyped up as they like to do.:xzqxz: They seem to do it with the Spyder too. And all that changed was the colors..:laugh:

But do expect a new engine and Automatic transmission along with some cosmetics changes.

2 days until they reveil the 2020 Slingshot..:laugh: Still wonder if its all hyped up as they like to do.:xzqxz: They seem to do it with the Spyder too. And all that changed was the colors..:laugh:

But do expect a new engine and Automatic transmission along with some cosmetics changes.

Word in the street [Slingshot Forums'] is new headlights, Auto , And two polaris made engines.....?....

The dealers still have a ton of unsold 2019 in their lots...

Word in the street [Slingshot Forums'] is new headlights, Auto , And two polaris made engines.....?....

The dealers still have a ton of unsold 2019 in their lots...

I believe some 2018's too. They are trying to mark them down and sell before the 2020 is announced.

It does look like LED lighting on the front end.

Well news came out on the 2020 Slingshot-Auto Trans,new 4 cyclinder engine,redesigned cockpit,LED lighting. Base price 32k :gah:

Well news came out on the 2020 Slingshot-Auto Trans,new 4 cyclinder engine,redesigned cockpit,LED lighting. Base price 32k :gah:

The Slingshot Website is still in flux....But it looks like they did away with entry-level S..

Still using the GM Engine..In some models , And a Polaris engine in another ,With more HP 210?...But less Torque and red line at 85 hundred..Also an Auto trans has been added.....Other than that ?...

I just received a email something big is coming soon 6/14/20.. :xzqxz: Another teaser. Wonder what it could be this time? :confused:

Ronnie

Oh wow, Ronnie, I can see you in or on a Slingshot. Yeah, you might want to hide it. Lots of power there, think rear tire replacement.

Just my 2¢ ,

Being Polaris is pushing horse power , why it isn’t FWD ? More power to the road , plus the rear would not kick out in wet conditions .

My HHR SS , pushes 310 hp , all they needed to do was to use the front sub frame , as it’s what they use to begin with. Only difference would be a sideways engine design .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png